probiotics

1. Sagey

Benefits of Probiotics!

Hi, I was reading about the benefits of probiotics and even my Gastroenterologist recommended them.I started them once again because I was in a flare for about 3 weeks with extreme nausea and digestive issues. I happen to find a brand in Rite aid that was $18.00 and contained Vit d and also...
  2. S

tips for moving forward

Hi, I have been having intense, horrible, crippling pain for two years but was somehow just diagnosed recently. I was told "pelvic pain" "back problems" "piriformis syndrome" etc, etc. i have done a lot of reading about fibromyalgia. I currently take magnesium (lotion and pills), vit. D...
  3. J

Fibromyalgia and gastrointestinal symptoms

My cousin was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 3 years ago, whilst I developed trimethylaminuria (TMAU) symptoms. I was living with her parents when my symptoms occurred. Since her mother doesn't have a modern knowledge at preserving food, I have found something common in between us -...
  4. M

Marcus says Hello

Hello all ! :razz: Here is my introduction... I was first diagnosed in 1999 by a rheumatologist. Then it went away, and my PCP at that time said if it went away it's not FM Then around +2007 a much worse pain and fatigue would come in cycles or waves. Then by 2010 I had huge pain like I...
  5. R

Probiotics ameliorate fibromyalgia

Probiotics are found in most natural foods even in vegetables but they are affected by processing and cooking. People with fibro are under constant medication including antibiotics which affect the microbial flora in the gut. These gastrointestinal issues contribute to fibro. Good sources of...
  6. E

titles are hard, being sick sucks.

good morning. i'm new to the forum. diagnosed in june 2015 but it's likely i've had it for about two years. had what now appears to be a flare a year and a half ago, lasting about 7 months. this current one started in march. the fatigue is ridiculous, the pain in the joints sometimes makes me...
  7. M

hi i am new to support

Hello I have had fibromyalgia and severe chronic fatigue for 17 yrs. Being a very active, working, type A my whole life this condition has changed me forever. I manage one day at a time and have seen many doctors. I have experimented with medications, herbs, and lotions. There have been times...
  8. Vellybean

Have you ever been sick and drained of all energy

I am feeling pretty bad today. It has been a long time since I have had such a down day. I am getting over pneumonia and it seems like it is taking forever! I had been on antibiotics for over 20 days because the first one they gave me did not work. I am taking probiotics to help keep my "good"...
  9. 1sweed

Alternatives For Other Health Problems

Recently my doctor went through the roof when my bloodwork came back and my cholesterol and LDL levels were high. He insisted I use a statin drug in a effort to reduce the levels. So I said only a very low dose and if my muscles start cramping I am quiting it. So I am on Simvastatin 5mg, one a...
  10. I

IBS and probiotics

Since being diagnosed with fibromyalgia I have had terrible problems with IBS. I have been taking a probiotic treatment and have had really good results with it in regards to IBS. Has anyone else had success taking probiotics to help with IBS?
Back