referral

1. M

Incorrect list of doctors accepting FM referrals

I’m not sure how the list was generated but it contains trainees (not practicing doctors), retired rheumatologists, and even rheumatologists who don’t believe in fibromyalgia. I myself dont accept FM referrals but am listed as an expert in the field. This is causing confusion for my patients and...
  2. T

Diagnosis out of convenience

*sigh* I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 3 months ago. I have been dealing with many different symptoms for about 3 years now. My doctors bounced me from one doctor to the next; "everything is fine", "your results are normal", "it's all in your head", "there is nothing else I can do for...
  3. L

Pain clinic

I've not posted in here in ages, been caught up in the usual stresses of work, Kids etc. I had an appointment with an anaesthetist in the pain clinic yesterday and after being really optimistic beforehand now I feel really deflated. She tested my limbs by running a piece of cotton wool up and...
  4. W

2nd MRI

Well the first was to determine why I have numbness and tingling in my left hand. MRI showed bulging discs in my C spine. I have a fusion on c6-c7,so its kinda not surprising. The second was to find out why my shoulder/arm is in excruciating pain when I stretch or move my shoulder . It would...
  5. J

Oh Doctor Doctor You Know What It Is!

Hello fellow sufferers. So glad to find this forum! So, some background to start. I'm a 61 year-old woman who has suffered from pain for a long time, some for a reason (degenerated discs in my lower back and neck) and some unexplained. But it's always there, sometimes quiet, sometimes screaming...
  6. H

The Path To Treatment Continues

I have mentioned here before that I was trying to change my doctor due to the overwhelming urge to knock the first one into the floor. On my last visit to him, he refused my request for a referral to a rheumatologist on the basis of "a rheumatologist only sees patients with rheumatological...
  7. H

Need suggestions

I'm at a stuck point with doctors for the moment. My neurologist that diagnosed the fibro doesn't actually treat it and my primary doctor refused to do anything for me, including focusing me a referral to a rheumatologist as well as just being rude. I managed to leave his office without going to...
  8. ElsaMarie

Hello from Indiana

Hi, I'm new here, joined today; new to the site but NOT new to fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed around 2003 but I think I had it much longer than that because of symptoms I had for 5-6 years before I was formally diagnosed. I went into it full blown and had what I consider to be the absolute...
  9. B

What are the other options (if not Fibro)

Hello All, I have been seeing doctors for pain and parasthesia for over three years now with no diagnosis. Actually, that's not fair, because for 12-13 months while I was pregnant with my youngest and right after, I did not have symptoms and was not being seen for that purpose. I presented to...
  10. R

Need Good Doctor in Baltimore Maryland

My wife's coward of a GP just told her she "can't" prescribe her meds anymore. I think from my research it's more like "won't". She said my wife needs to get them from a Pain Management doctor. My wife has been on the same meds, oxycodone and fleceril, and the same dosage for 10 years. It's...
Back