coping

1. T

New here and sad...

Hi all, sorry to join up and then immediately post a negative, but I've been reading threads and the understanding and support you all give is amazing! Since my diagnosis, I have been coping ok, painkillers don't help me at all, so I have to just deal with my pain and other symptoms. Lately...
  2. A

pre-arthritic at 26

Hey everyone, I am new here but definitely not new to the chronic pain of fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed when I was 18 but had been experiencing symptoms since the age of 12. Lately my joints have been hurting more and are weaker, I especially am noticing this in my knees and have started...
  3. C

What Tools are in your toolbox??

I'm having a flare. I don't think I need to describe how I feel - you've all been there. I got up this morning, per usual, and did my morning Range of Motion Yoga (that I made up for myself). I put on a Tiger Balm patch (which doesn't help, but hey, I'll try anything) I took 2 tramadols I...
  4. Lana

anger

Anger at..... The pain and the exhaustion. The fibro fog that makes me look like I have Dementia. The longing to go back to work but knowing that its impossible. The feeling of being useless. The days my mind and body fight, my mind wants to do everything and my body says NO WAY!! Fighting to...
  5. 1sweed

Interesting Read

I got a magazine in the mail called Pain-Free Living, and it has a good article in it by a doctor Abraham Rivera, M.D., called Perplexed By Pain. In the article he talks about how hard it is to find reasons for pain and it usually becomes a process of elimination being the only way doctors can...
  6. vickythecat

Mental coping methods during extreme painful hours

Hi, It could be fibro, it could be an injury, an infection or a very bad flare, but I am sure we all find ourselves in excruciating pain once in a while. So much pain that we are unable to do anything but lay down in bed and wait it out. Often this is the hour before the pain meds begin to...
  7. vickythecat

Mental illness and fibro

Hi, I was wondering whether anyone else would like to share their own experiences regarding mental illness and its correlation with fibro. I've always been a very sensitive introverted child. Growing up I started self injurying mainly because life would simply be too much for me. I'd worry...
  8. Sagey

Interesting article on mind body connection

The first component of mind body science is a molecule found on the surface of all our cells in our brains and our bodies. They are so small that millions cover a single nerve cell. This first component is called a receptor, and it is attached to a cell’s outer membrane. It lies exposed to the...
  9. A

My coping tool for today...pace myself

Pace myself. This seems logical but I guess I felt like I should be able to do everything the way I did before fibro because I take medication. Wrong!! I now realize the only way I'm going to accomplish anything is to do a little bit at a time. I don't get much accomplished but this is my...
  10. A

Finally accepting my diagnosis...need help coping

I have suffered with pain for the last 5 years and just recently was officially diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I've just realized that I have been in denial of this because it seems so vague since there is nothing seemingly "wrong" or they don't really know what causes it. I have been on...
Back