denial

1. D

Hello - new to forum; not new to Fibro

My name is Dawn and I am 67 yo. I was diagnosed in my 40's. But I know I had it beginning in my 20's. Fibro is a major life disrupter. I pushed myself through my life - work, and all the other life activities. I had a break down in my early 50's and had to retire. I loved my job and I had...
  2. cosmicbiscuit

Road to proper diagnosis: I suspect it's fibromyalgia

Hello to all forum members. I'm glad this community exists to help people that have been diagnosed and also the ones like me seeking for a proper diagnosis. Thanks for spending time trying to help others and sharing tips or just listening. I'll try to keep my case simple. I've had chronic...
  3. M

Another Newbie!

Hi everyone, So after years of living with constant pain, I have finally been diagnosed with fibro. Or rather, I was diagnosed a few months back but now it's starting to get real so it's time to climb out of denial. Which is not just a river in Egypt. Haha. I guess I'm looking to connect with...
  4. L

How long did it take for you to accept living with fibro?

I have a friend who has been experiencing beginning fibro symptoms for a couple years now, Hes mother has been battling it for 20 plus years. When he tells me how hes feeling and I see how he reacts to different situations I can clearly see myself in the early stages. Sad thing is he is still in...
  5. A

Finally accepting my diagnosis...need help coping

I have suffered with pain for the last 5 years and just recently was officially diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I've just realized that I have been in denial of this because it seems so vague since there is nothing seemingly "wrong" or they don't really know what causes it. I have been on...
  6. J

Newly Diagnosed and unsure

I have been having episodes of mild pain and fatigue for a couple of years now. Went to a rhuematologist and he diagnosed me with mild Fibromyalgia last month. Since I am already on two meds that can help pain he said to exercise more. I am a bit confused since I don't have a lot of pain and...
  7. H

Maybe in denial?

I am a 25 year old male, i started suffering with chronic chest pain (costochondritis) 4 years ago. I thought it was due to repetitive movements in working out but then 2 years ago i started having some joint pain in feet and tingling sensations throughout body. Blood tests were all negative...
  8. M

Hello from Montreal

I may be new to the forum but certainly not new to the pain of fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed with this in 2009. It originated as a pain in my chest when I tried to run. I had joined a gym several months prior with a personal trainer and was doing great...until I wasn't anymore. My trainer was...
  9. T

Hearing

Well it is finally over. I was surprisingly calm during the hearing itself but once I got home I fell apart. I can't believe what a huge relief I feel that this is all over and done with. So I was sitting in the hall and my attorney came out and got me. I went and spoke with the judge and...
  10. T

Disability Question

Can anyone tell me the difference between a dismissal and a denial when going before a ALJ?
Back