children

1. C

Work Accommodation

Have a job that requires me to sit, talk, and type all day. It can be very stressful at times. I’m in the processing of requesting a modification to my schedule because my two days off are not back to back and it requires me to work late. I have small children, so I still have to get up early...
  2. D

Newbie to forum but not Fibro

I am Mom to 6 children age range 13-33. two boys four girls. 3 Grand children 2 boys 1 girl, a new one just this Valentine's day. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2005 but had symptoms years before diagnosed. Still struggling with finding right meds and dealing with insurance. I look forward...
  3. W

Seeking advice on caring doctors in my area.

I am a 6'6" male and have weighed 350+ my whole life. My diagnosis has no specific date but I recall times as a child having troubles and wondering why I was different. But anyway.. being this large makes most doctors point out my weight and suggest losing weight would help and call me out on...
  4. S

Looking for help and advice for my Fibro

Hi Everyone. My name is Sam, I’m almost 31 years old, I have 2 small children, and I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. It has completely stolen my life away from me and left me in debilitating chronic pain, not to mention has completely messed my brain up with the memory loss and...
  5. M

Alone with Fibromyalgia

Hello ! I am Marie and I joined the Forums just last night. I have been suffering from Fibromyalgia in silence for five years. People with whom I live do not understand and do not want to understand; they do not know and do not want to know. When they complain of me if I say to them that I have...
  6. Tipnatee N

PTSD & Fibromyalgia

It took me a very long time before I could even think about mentioning it. But one of the truth that I believe is that PTSD is a starter of many illnesses including fibro. Most people thinking about PTSD they think about war veterinarians , or people that lost their mind do to traumatic...
  7. Tipnatee N

Bad vivid imaginations = bad anxiety = more pain = more insanity

Have anyone ever accidentally imagining them self in to the bad situation that's not yet happening or ever going to happen enough to cause you to panic or anxiety attack then it hurts all over? :???: How often does that happen to you? Sometime I'm watching some TV show or listening to some...
  8. S

Looking for information on an old experimental treatment for Fibromyalgia / CFS

I hope this is allowed here, I picked this forum vs the Alternative Treatment one for wider views in the hope I can get my questions answered. I'm 43 and I've had Fibromyalgia since I was around 15, in other words I've had it for so long that I remember when it was classified as a mental...
  9. S

scared of my future with fibro!

Okay, so i am 19 and have had fibro for almost 5 years. Its been really severe and even mild sometimes. But it really effects me and my ability to do normal everyday things. Juggling a job, a full course load in uni and outside activities is a lot for anyone but even more so for me. My entire...
  10. Sagey

Benefits of Probiotics!

Hi, I was reading about the benefits of probiotics and even my Gastroenterologist recommended them.I started them once again because I was in a flare for about 3 weeks with extreme nausea and digestive issues. I happen to find a brand in Rite aid that was $18.00 and contained Vit d and also...
Back