pain control

1. 1sweed

Planning My Days

It always seems that I have the best intentions for getting my chores and personal needs done and yet when pain is severe I feel like I am letting myself down, as well as, my friends. So I set up a way to help myself cope and not feel as guilty when everything can not get done like it did before...
  2. E

I am so new to this it is scary.

Hello im Emmjay and im 23, i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and joint hypermobility syndrome in december 2013 and have been struggling ever since, i lost my job due to having a lot of time off fr the condition and have recently got a new job but i am yet again struggling to keep up a 40 hour...
  3. A

Starting out

Hi Starting out on this journey. Have been suffering pain, lack of sleep and all the associated things that come with that on and off for years. The last three months have been almost constant pain, and have finally gone to the doctors, and am going for blood tests today. Doctor seemed a bit...
  4. F

I Feel Like I'm Losing It

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in my teens going in as a Freshman in High School. I was not supported by the school and it was an uphill battle my entire High School career. I'm now a Junior in College and have been accepted into the schools Nursing Program. The past couple of years have been...
  5. G

Frightened about surgery and pain!

I am having a lumbar Laminectomy and a 3 disc lumbar fusion next week. I have been on regular Hydrocodone for a number of years, related to other surgeries and joint pain. I have never abused it. My Rheumatologist says that I have Fibromyalgia and other autoimmune issues . The Orthopedic...
  6. F

Hi all!

Just wanted to say hi. Had Fibromyalgia for several years and it totally sucks. Hence my name. Currently getting help in pain control but sleeping sucks. Anyway gonna look around a bit. :) Paul
  7. A

hesitant GP

I have had the same GP for 8 years, and he's been hands down the best doc I've ever seen. In the past three years he's referred me to two different rheumatologists a year apart. They both said I had fm. I didn't like that one bit and stubbornly didn't follow up. Gotta love denial. I am now at a...
  8. K

Meditation and Fibromyalgia

Meditation is a great way to reduce the stress and anxiety that seems to accompany Fibromyalgia. Not only can it help this condition, but I believe that it can help with every condition that you may encounter in your life because it works on the mind and the body. All it takes is just a few...
  9. Z

Problems with meds

So my physician and rheumatologist are having some problems finding meds that work. I can not take any opiates (this happened after the fibro started as before i could and it worked for a leg injury i had years ago, and before the fibro for TMJ again without any problems) as they cause the pain...
  10. P

Savella vs Cymbalta

Has anyone ever tried Savella for their fibro pain? I've been on Cymbalta for a while. Now it just doesn't seem to be helping much. My neuro wants to increase it to help my migraines and to help my sleep (I only sleep about 4 hours a night) but when we have tried that, I get really bad night...
Back