isolation

1. Lana

anger

Anger at..... The pain and the exhaustion. The fibro fog that makes me look like I have Dementia. The longing to go back to work but knowing that its impossible. The feeling of being useless. The days my mind and body fight, my mind wants to do everything and my body says NO WAY!! Fighting to...
  2. L

I suddenly feel so old...hello, everyone, new 'club' member here.

Hello, everyone!! Well, so here I am. After going through all the stages of "grief", I'm finally at the acceptance stage: I have fibro, and ignoring it for several years hasn't worked to dispel it. Long story short: our doctor diagnosed me several years ago, but I've always "carried on" like I...
  3. S

Criticism

One thing I find very difficult is the criticism that I receive from others when I do not participate in things that they think I should. Frankly, I don't care what they think of me, but being criticized is still stressful, and for me (I guess for all of us) stress triggers much worse symptoms...
  4. I

So incredibly wiped...

Our daughter has attended the same child care facility since she was quite young. We were very fortunate, as it was local to the area that we lived, worked and played. The staff were always really great, much like a tight-knit family. We loved how progressive, nurturing and supportive they were...
  5. H

ME/CFS Phone Support Group

ME/CFS weekly phone support group starting Saturdays at 8pm EST. This is a peer to peer Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME support group. This call is designed to support one another through the hardships of this illness by listening and sharing experiences. Join us from the comfort of your own bed...
  6. V

finding a balance... I'm off kilter.

Balancing this mess is never easy, but lately it's frustrating sically things have gotten better over the past 6 years, and I'm grateful for that. After moving to a new town 2 years ago was a leap of faith to help my health, knowing no one here and never even seeing the apartment until I...
  7. M

Apparently it never gets better. You just learn to deal with it.

I don't even know where to start. The pain is life (as I knew it) ending. The process of elimination is all consuming. The explanation to everyone you care about is like explaining the Big Bang to Evangelists. The medication is never ending, more pills, higher doses, weider effects and changes...
  8. H

Can't Get Any Help

Doc says I have "early" fibromyalgia. I need rest to help treat this but am having awful pain on upper arm and hip while sleeping on side. Other sleeping positions don't work for me. The exhaustion is so incredibly debilitating I can't function at all anymore and stunned I haven't had a heart...
  9. T

Hello, new to forum

Hi all, I am so glad I have found this group! I was diagnosed with FM in 2011. My pain is up and down, but I'm always tired and never sleep well. I've tried so many different things over the years and sometimes I just feel like giving up! One of the hardest things I deal with is feeling...
  10. H

Looking for understanding

Hi, I decided to join this forum to find like minded people to vent with occasionally and possibly explore ideas of how to cope with this insidious illness. I call this an insidious illness because most people (even professionals) don't even recognize it as an illness. Officially it's only a...
Back