new diagnosis

1. C

Newly diagnosed in a global pandemic and lockdown...

Hi all, I'm a (very) new member, having joined today, and am hoping for some advice. I'll give you the context leading up to where I am now, if that's OK. I began having pains in my wrists, hands and arms in January 2020. My GP thought it was Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) and I was told to...
  2. Nuala50

Diagnosed in Aug, flaring badly

Hi all, I'm new to fibro as a reality, though ill for 3.5 years with various 'diagnoses' e.g. IBS, depression. Feeling crazy, sore and mad as a cat the last few weeks and today was the last straw. My blurry eyes really affected my driving all day and I scraped the side of my neighbour's van with...
  3. A

Diagnosed Today

Hi everyone! My name is Amanda and I am 28 years old. I was just diagnosed with fibro by my rheumatologist today. All of the symptoms and diagnostic criteria fit what I've been dealing with over the last year and now everything makes total sense. I had a hip arthroscopy to fix a labral tear and...
  4. M

Another Newbie!

Hi everyone, So after years of living with constant pain, I have finally been diagnosed with fibro. Or rather, I was diagnosed a few months back but now it's starting to get real so it's time to climb out of denial. Which is not just a river in Egypt. Haha. I guess I'm looking to connect with...
  5. P

Random symptoms: Fibro related or not?

Hi all, As with any new diagnosis, you start to wonder if all kind of other things are related. There are a few symptoms I've noticed that may or may not be related to Fibro (or Celiac) but wanted to ask about: 1. rapid weight loss: I've lost 10lb since March! This is a good thing, since I'd...
  6. P

New member and need support

Hi, I'm new to forums and have never discussed my illnesses with strangers before. I am so alone with my new diagnosis of FM from a rheumatologist. I have been suffering for years and put it down to arthritis. My GP is too busy, my husband thinks it's just pain so take a pill, my friends are...
  7. D

New diagnosis

New to being diagnosed with FM. My brain is exhausted from all of this. I am really active and now I am having a hard time slowing down due to not wanting to give in to the pain in my hip and shoulder pain. I had a nuclear bone scan which showed nothing...not even RA...I am so confused right...
  8. M

Flare ups!?! Help. Fairly new diagnosis

I have been "sick" my entire life. As my husband says "it's always something with you." After seeing doctor upon doctor I was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Great, finally a diagnosis, however, no relief. I have tried cymbalta and lyrica, both having very little if any effect on the pain...
  9. J

All new to this, from Vancouver WA

Hoping to find support through my fairly new diagnosis and ways to stay positive and strong.
  10. SnowLynx

Old but New Diagnosis

My doctor in 2012 diagnosed me with FMS, but I disbelieved her, buying into the "we'll say that when we can't figure out what's wrong with you" myth. And I lived the next four years as if I were a well person and nearly burned out completely. A new doctor diagnosed me with FMS again and told...
Back