mental health

1. J

Mental health week.and fibromyalgia

Hi Sorry to be so morbid but I wondered if anyone has ever discuss this subject matter. Suicides and are so common. unfortunately,. If we are more predisposited to having mental health issues sometime in families. We are surely more likely to submit to Suicide tendencies. It's so...
  2. M

Saying Hi

Hi everyone Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm recently diagnosed (though suffered at least 3 yrs previously )43yr old Fibro mum who also has depression and anxiety and possible spondyloarthritis . Im a carer also for both my daughters with different diagnosis and my husband has aspergers...
  3. vickythecat

Inspirational Quotes

Hi, Watching lots of videos on how to overcome hopelessness, dark thoughts, feeling of utter loneliness, I came upon this one task therapists and sufferers advise one to do. The task is simple - look online every day for inspirational quotes and write them down in your journal. And go back to...
  4. vickythecat

Lady Gaga reveals she suffers from fibromyalgia

There are a number of celebrities who suffer from fibromyalgia (Morgan Freeman, Sinead O'Connor for example), so now Lady Gaga is added to the list. I also read that her documentary on her chronic pain struggles and mental health issues have been chronicled in a documentary which will air soon...
  5. VanGogh

Metaphors, stories, lessons, teachers....

My brain sometimes feels like it wants to explode! I want to get the thoughts and information out " there " but like a Twilight Zone story I often can not find " there ". On one of those political talk shows, I recently heard someone say: " there is no there, there " and I rolled on the floor...
  6. vickythecat

disability, benefits and feeling guilty

Hi, I am not entitled to disability or any benefits in the country I currently live in, as fibromyalgia, CFS, nerve damage or my lifelong mental health issues (BPD, major depression, social anxiety, PTSD) are not considered 'enough' to be entitled. Sad, really really sad. I am very lucky that I...
  7. M

scared

Hi there I have been getting treatment for my fibro for about 4 years now . im on 12mg hydromorphone long acting and just recently my dose of 4mg of dilidud has been dropped to 2mg a day. I also go to a pain clinic when needed and get a lidocine and ketamaine infusion when necessary. (sorry...
  8. M

Fibro Fog, frustrating and psychiatrist issue

I filed for SSD and they sent me to a psychiatrist because I have fibro fog. In this 20 minute visit, this person is supposed to determine my mental health and if I have "so called fibro-fog". I know it's very real, my neurologist and rheumotologist have both said I have it. Even without them...
  9. B

Hi, New Member Here

Hi, this is my first time here. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia my junior year in college right before I turned 20 I think. I'd been experiencing pain since high school but since I was always a dancer I always attributed it to pushing too hard in dance or being sore from practice. It wasn't...
  10. LittleOrchid

I'm new, but I need to vent BAD.

Hello everyone, I hate to start off my time here with a vent like this but I feel like I have no one to talk to who "gets it" and if I don't off load some of what I'm going through right now, I'm going to explode I think. Please bear with me if I seem fragmented... I'm mid flare and utterly...
Back