lyme disease

1. C

I’ve got Fibro, too!

Glad I found you all.. I have been recently diagnosed although I think I have had it for years and seen rheumatologists, physical therapists, and chiropractors. I have also been tested for Lupus and Lyme disease. I am hypothyroid but have been on meds for that which have have brought my levels...
  2. S

Looking for information on an old experimental treatment for Fibromyalgia / CFS

I hope this is allowed here, I picked this forum vs the Alternative Treatment one for wider views in the hope I can get my questions answered. I'm 43 and I've had Fibromyalgia since I was around 15, in other words I've had it for so long that I remember when it was classified as a mental...
  3. M

Lyme Disease

I was researching and ran across a poor young lady that was diagnosed with m.s. ( Not convinced she went through yrs of searching). She lives in Canada and had 4 blood tests for lime disease. sp? Anyway all the tests came back negative. Finially after her persistance she found there were 2...
  4. W

New here and so totally miserable

Hi, I'm in Sarasota, Fl, but originally from Iowa. Been is Sarasota 5 years now. I see there's another new member from Sarasota also. I'm 55 and was told I have fibro back in my mid twenties. No treatment or anything given or suggested at that time. For many years the symptoms where manageable...
  5. H

It can be Fibromyalgia?

Hello Guys, about 7 Months i have Problems with my body. I have almost every day Headache, Fatigue, Problems with Eyes (dry), especially sometimes i get diffuse Pain it´s like Stabbings, near/under/over Knee,shin pain, especially pain over the cheeks... when I run a bit, my left achilles tendon...
  6. C

Newly Diagnosed, yet not sure my symptoms fit...

Hi there, I'm new here and was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia by my rheumatologist. She didn't seem totally confident with the diagnosis but sort of as a way to "give me something" and send me on my way. This is going to be long but I would so appreciate some thoughts. Here's some...
  7. P

Finally a dx after 20 years of pain-Alcoholism and other issues

Hello. I was diagnosed last Wed by a rheumatologist. I have been diagnosed with Lyme disease, Lupus, MS, AS etc. Until I finally was able to see the rhuemy. It is a relief as this diseases' prognosis is not as debilitating as some of the choices. And I finally feel like maybe I can start to...
  8. R

Misdiagnosis

Fibromyalgia is one of the most misdiagnosed diseases due to symptom overlap. For instance, widespread pain can be caused by sleep apnea, malignancy, hypothyroidism or lupus which cause fatigue. Doctors need to rule out the symptoms of other diseases as they look for an explanation. A patient...
  9. L

Newness

Hi everyone. I have just joined. I do not yet have an official diagnosis. We are waiting to rule out lupus, lyme disease and chronic kidney failure. My doctor, parents, husband and myself believe I have FM. I have been doing many tests for the last 3 months. I am so worn down. I am so depressed...
  10. L

long-time fibro sufferer

Hello to all you beautiful folks who live with this disease. I was diagnosed in 1992, but really hit the wall when I contracted Lyme disease in 2001. After that I lost my farm, my career, so many friends -- well, my life. I'm sure you all empathize as fibro has stolen much from you, too. I...
Back