weight gain

1. M

Cloths, Shampos, lotions, light sensativity, etc.

There has to be those of us that have by trial and error have found some things to be better than others, as far as what works for you. I have the super dry skin problem, still looking into what that problem stems from, I "think" there is more going on other than Fibro, but, I have tried every...
  2. M

And a child shall lead them!

last night while getting ready to climb in between my grandchildren to watch a movie I said" ok you guys need to move over and make some room for na na" The youngest 6 yr old said " Na Na how come your so fat? Did you eat to much candy?." My heart dropped, my heart said to itself, ok thats it...
  3. C

Weight gain

I have put on 40 lbs since my diagnosis. 20lbs in the one month i tried lyrica. I cant lose this weight. Between the pain and fatigue keeping me from excercise and the overwhelming carb cravings i am at a loss.
  4. M

Amnyriptolane

I ran out of my rx for Amnytriptlane, GOOD NEWS IS.........IM DONE! It was causing weight gain, I had terrible cravings for sweets. It also cause dry mouth and sticky flem. I have a cough right now, but Im sure its Natures way of getting the crap out of my system. Im so happy to have one less...
  5. K

looking for new meds

Hello everyone. I'm new here. I was diagnosed a few years back and have tried several different medicines, none of which have really done much for me. Now I do realize there isn't a cure-all drug out there, but just wondering what you all take and how you feel it helps with your day to day life...
  6. P

Random symptoms: Fibro related or not?

Hi all, As with any new diagnosis, you start to wonder if all kind of other things are related. There are a few symptoms I've noticed that may or may not be related to Fibro (or Celiac) but wanted to ask about: 1. rapid weight loss: I've lost 10lb since March! This is a good thing, since I'd...
  7. L

Feeling completely humiliated

Today is not a good day! I went in for vascular surgery only to be turned away by the surgeon because of weight/BMI issues. My weight has rocketed since Christmas, I gained 2 stone in 2 weeks and it is still increasing by the day. I saw my GP a couple of weeks ago and mentioned concerns about...
  8. L

Weight gain

Omg I can't believe how quickly I'm piling on weight just now! I had a bad flare over Christmas and New Year with flu on top of that and was off my work with sciatica. I managed to put on 2 stone in 2 weeks & that was me eating sensibly most of the time. My weight is still going up, I've put on...
  9. M

Hello from Montreal

I may be new to the forum but certainly not new to the pain of fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed with this in 2009. It originated as a pain in my chest when I tried to run. I had joined a gym several months prior with a personal trainer and was doing great...until I wasn't anymore. My trainer was...
  10. W

New here and so totally miserable

Hi, I'm in Sarasota, Fl, but originally from Iowa. Been is Sarasota 5 years now. I see there's another new member from Sarasota also. I'm 55 and was told I have fibro back in my mid twenties. No treatment or anything given or suggested at that time. For many years the symptoms where manageable...
Back