withdrawal

1. C

Fibromyalgia and Vicodin for pain

I have had fibro for almost 20 years and have tried everything out there with no help. About 6 years ago my Dr suggested taking Vicodin. At first because it is a narcotic I hesitated but finally agreed to try it. It actually did give me relief and I only took between 1/2 - 1 tablet a day mostly...
  2. S

Switching from cymbalta to amitriptyline ...please help

Hello everyone, This is my first post here, I'll make it quick for you to read so I hope someone can share/help with what's happening to me right now. Really quickly : I'm switching my long term medication ( cymbalta 8 years) to amitriptyline very low dose (I can't translate in mg cause I'm...
  3. M

Need Help Drug Induced Fibromyalgia

I am suffering with terrible pain and disability. I've recently been diagnosed with fibro but other Drs are not in agreement. About 4 years ago i developed severe tinnitus and was placed on a variety of antidepressants. I began to experience pain while taking Cymbalta and was cold turkey'ed...
  4. T

This is hell

So I know I probably shouldn't do this without doctor supervision but I am pretty sure he would have me do it the same way as I am doing it. I decided that I am sick to death of taking so many medications in a day. I was taking 31 pills a day and just decided enough is enough so I decided to...
  5. M

Very interested in your opinions and ideas re- the seeming explosion fibro diagnosis

Hi everyone, great to be able to finaly post here! I am really intererested in peoples views about fibro, And why we are seing such a rise is diagnosis in the last couple if years. I have been unwell for many years, only receieving a diagnosis of fibro a few months ago...of all the illnesses i...
  6. T

Fibromyalgia and Daily Functioning

Hello, everyone. I was hesitant about joining a support group of any kind, because I felt like it would mainly consist of complaining (on my part), and I didn’t want to annoy people. I finally decided that I was merely being close-minded and that I needed to talk with people dealing with...
  7. Forgetmenot

Yuck

So Ive had his chesty cough and been stuffed up for weeks.i don't smoke. I wake up with such a saw throat.and everyone I meet here in the uk seems to have it. I have a disability asscement Monday .aand I'm dreading it.the job centre its self told me to stop all my meds a day or so before I go.so...
  8. P

Tapentadol, best drug I've tried!

Hi there I wanted you all to know Ive found a drug the makes life bearable again!I have been to pain management so many times and thought I had tried everything and was losing hope as my latest tramadol and lyrica duo was not working so well any more, then the pain doc whips out a chart of fibro...
  9. L

Discontinuing Cymbalta--Ugh!

Two weeks into my Cymbalta taper with Zoloft replacement and I'm wondering why I ever began this drug in the first place. Yes, it did help some with pain but I've got to wonder what price I paid for that. Headaches, brain zaps, nausea, anxiety, pain, GI dysfunction, and a whacked out sleep...
  10. D

Anyone try a plant based diet?

My new acupuncturist placed me on a strictly raw veggie diet (sans nightshades) for the past week. That's right, salads only, no fruit, no grains, no nuts, no cooking, just RAW VEGGIES. I used to be a serious carnivore and a terrible eater of processed foods and sugars. I've been working on a...
Back