assistance

1. S

Social Security Benefit Application assistance

Hey all, I just ran across a channel on YouTube that gives advice on applying for disability. Since I have not done this application myself, nor watched all the videos, I don't honestly know how useful it is, but I thought I would post here about it anyway, in case it helped someone. The...
  2. C

Health writer - Seeking women living with fibromyalgia

I am a health writer and woman living with fibromyalgia. I am creating a website to help other women living with fibromyalgia and am looking for feedback on the content. If you are interested in providing me with your thoughts and comments on newsletters, articles and chapters of new e-books...
  3. S

No doctor, no insurance, no meds, needing ssi

I was diagnosed in1996 with fibro. Just a few years later was also diagnosed with hashimotos throiditis. They play off each other. The meds for one doesn't help the other, and vice versa. So thru pain management bio whatever, I learned how to control my pain without meds. I have lived for...
  4. S

Ongoing problems with forum...can anyone help?

Hi there....I have had nothing but problems since I joined this forum . First, for several days it would not allow me in to read anything or post, even though it would say "thanks for logging in". Now, although I can post, it will not allow me to read any responses to my posts. I can see that...
  5. R

Drug assistance programs

The cost of medication for most fibromyalgia patients is increasing and others can't afford them denying them a chance to quality healthcare. The following websites are useful or such patients: Medicare Plan B; Which Drugs Are Covered by Medicare; application for Senior Prescription Assistance...
  6. R

Fibromyalgia and work Part 2

The role of employers to employees with fibro is part of best practice that can be monitored by fibro associations. It is recommended that employees be reminded of deadlines for meetings as well as allowins time off for counselling. Sensitivity training for coworkers of those suffering from...
  7. K

Moving Out

Hi There Fibro Friends, thought maybe i can get some suggestions. So i been contemplating a lot lately on moving out of my moms house like any normal 21 year old would, also in some of my prior post i shared that at times we butt heads and she is sometimes not the best support system because...
  8. E

titles are hard, being sick sucks.

good morning. i'm new to the forum. diagnosed in june 2015 but it's likely i've had it for about two years. had what now appears to be a flare a year and a half ago, lasting about 7 months. this current one started in march. the fatigue is ridiculous, the pain in the joints sometimes makes me...
  9. D

My Letter to Fibro

Dear Fibro, You came into my life unexpectedly, unannounced, and have set up camp indefinitely without my approval. I didn’t even know something like you existed, that I could ever share my life permanently, so early on with something so mysterious and uncurable. You took away my job, stunted...
  10. R

Need medicine assistance for fibro

Hi, I am suffering for the last 20 years, of those 15 years I thought that I was a very unbalanced careless person, 5 years I am been working on my various symptoms and now in the last 7-10 days I have come across 'Fibromyalgia' and already I am on a recovery path. I have read a lot and to...
Back