caregiver

1. B

Husband Day to Day

New to the forum and wanted to reach out to those of you that could offer some guidance on care giving role I play. My wife of 35 years has battled Fibro for 7 years now. Background: I still work full time and have to travel out of town occasionally. She manages pain with Butrans patch and...
  2. S

How can I support my hearing impaired mother when she is the one supporting me?

Hello, I have myofascial pain syndrome and my mother takes care of my as a result of my disability. However, my mother is hearing impaired and losing more and more of her hearing. The sound quality that she hears is getting poorer and poorer as her auditory system continues to not work in a way...
  3. P

Fibro &Relationships

I am 25. I was diagnosed with Fibro about a year ago. How do you all deal with the strain it puts on your relationships? Sexually, emotionally, physically? My significant other has been my rock through this nightmare, but I fear he is getting tired of being my caregiver more than my spouse...
  4. B

Long post alert: 8 things to say to a loved one with a chronic Illness

1. I believe you: Instead of its all in your in your head. We all have heard this before and it hurts. Especially coming from a loved one. Saying these words to your loved one or fried is a beautiful gift they will be eternally grateful for. 2. I want to understand: The best way to to show...
  5. C

Newly diagnosed. I'm not me anymore!

Hello all! Newly diagnosed with fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis and asthma. I have been a hairdresser for over 20 years, single mother, strong physically and mentally and very independent! I just turned 60 this year and BAM! I am in constant pain from my head to my toes! Lots of headaches, gut...
  6. V

Newbie to the forum but not Fibro

Hello everyone. I have had Fibromyalgia and Raynaud's for about 10 years. I have had Endometriosis for about 20 years, and I have had Migraine headaches for about 25 years. I have some other autoimmune issues as well, but I will spare everyone my full laundry list now. As I continue to meet and...
  7. staystrong

Hi everyone! I'm new here.

Hi! I was diagnosed last week. The stress of now knowing what has been bothering me for about a year has caused a flare up. I have so many doubts and fears! I have come here for answers, support and hopefully to be supportive to those who need it. I am married, have 3 children and am a self...
  8. F

Please help this scared future caregiver!

Moderators: I apologize for the repost. With 230 views and no replies, I think my old post was just too long. Please feel free to delete it. Hello. Please help me. I need your help. Please forgive the long post, but know that I am grateful for your time. My girlfriend of three years was...
  9. F

Caregiver needs your input

Hello. I feel a little strange writing this post, as I know I’m not the only one who reads forums about fibro. Still, I really need your help. This post is long, and very personal. My questions are at the end. My girlfriend of three years was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia/chronic...
  10. M

I am going to share the names of some very good supplements that really work.

Hello everybody my name is Michael I am a caregiver and a licensed CNA I look after my grandmother who has had Fibromyalgia since 2001 and I just wanted to share the names of some supplements that I have researched and recommended to her because I am always on Facebook and I knew some people who...
Back