friendship

1. 1sweed

I Have A New Interest

Every time I come on the forum I look at the number of guests viewing our forum and think I wish more of them would join. Some may be old members who visit but just don't sign in anymore. Yesterday we had 450 guests and today the count was 398. I sure wish more would come aboard and start...
  2. 1sweed

Trying To Be Happy Today

I thought I would start a thread where we can all share one thing a day that made us happy and made us smile and had a kind word we wanted to share with other members. Often we rush through our days and never give a lingering thought about the few things that made us happy, made us smile, or...
  3. VanGogh

Metaphors, stories, lessons, teachers....

My brain sometimes feels like it wants to explode! I want to get the thoughts and information out " there " but like a Twilight Zone story I often can not find " there ". On one of those political talk shows, I recently heard someone say: " there is no there, there " and I rolled on the floor...
  4. S

The Depression Letter

Reading the Fibromyalgia letters made me think I should write one like it, only talking about Depression. So I just now did. And here it is: I have spent more of my life depressed than I have spent being not depressed. Most people don't think that is possible, but believe me, it is. Many people...
  5. C

Hello from Winnipeg

I'm glad to have found this forum. I was diagnosed about a year and a half ago with fibro. Reading up on it all the weird symptoms you would never connect together finally made sense I'm a single mom of 3 and I have a highly demanding job. No one around me seems to understand fibro or be...
  6. B

I hate when...

...it becomes difficult to talk about how awful you really feel because people either think you're imagining your pain or symptoms, or they don't wanna hear about it any more, or even worse, they tell you how they have pain too, and how basically, everyone has pain. That they don't believe in...
  7. O

hello to all

I finally took the plunge and decided to sign up and stop lurking. Mostly motivated by another fibro sight turning down my forum application. (couldnt believe that) So now here I am! Hope to bring some hope joy and plenty of whines to this little oasis of friendship. Thanks for being here.:grin:
  8. L

Falling for Someone with FM

I've recently met a woman that has FM and I'm falling for her pretty badly. We haven't actually 'gotten together' in any meaningful sense, so she doesn't actually know that I'm romantically inteterested, but the vibes between us suggest to me that it might be heading in that direction. On the...
  9. A

Hi

Newbie here.;-) I am excited to find this forum as I have come to the realization I now need help. For 14 years I have had self diagnosed fibro. Following a bad experience with a doctor saying it is all in my head I decided I wouldn't speak of it again until I absolutely had to and it seems...
  10. S

Missing my brother

Right now my brother is in Germany. He is in the US Army. He was my rock. Him and I have always been close. When I went through all my medical issues, relationship issues and friendship issues, my brother was there. I am 8 years older than him, but he has been such a great friend. I haven't...
Back