sensitivity

1. M

Sensitivity to Tight Clothing?

Sorry if this has been covered before; my visual perception of windows is difficult for me. I'm wondering if any members here have sensitivity to pressure from things coming into contact with the skin/body. For example, I can't fasten the top button of a top or handle the protective apron the...
  2. S

Temperature sensitivity

Hi, is it just me? I drive my husband nuts because the cold makes my knees hurt. Then as soon as it gets warm, I feel suffocated. It’s like I’m either freezing or needing air. I feel like the heat is hotter and cold is colder.
  3. L

Fireworks

Does anyone else have sensitivity to the loud noise and bright lights from fireworks? My daughter was performing yesterday at a fairly big festival with the band she’s in at school and we were all given the opportunity to stay on for the fireworks display after. I was really reluctant because...
  4. R

Possibly Fibro?

I have been going to a doctor for a few years trying to get a diagnosis. In the last two years we have discussed the following: Quick, stabbing pains or lingering pains in random areas of the body Tingling, numbness or burning sensation in extremities, skin feeling tight...
  5. Hebee

Should I be tested?

I am a 36 year old male and I served two combat tours in Iraq back in 2003 and 2004. For the past 10 years, I have been dealing with widespread pain primarily in my knees, shins, shoulders, back, neck, and hips. I've also been dealing with numbness in my hands and occasionally my feet (this lead...
  6. R

Do I have Fibromyalgia?

Hi! I hope you are all well, I just need abit of advice and help before I go to the dr. For years (at least 10) I have had pain, painful big knots, tightness, throbbing in my neck and shoulders, I get really bad headaches, sensitivity to light, weakness and vomiting. It isn’t constant but I get...
  7. U

Supposedly Fibro, but perplexed about one thing...

So after hurting and aching and moping around for years, my rheumatologist thinks I may have fibromyalgia. And it makes a certain amount of sense -- in my mid 30s I really shouldn't ache all over this much, a poke to basically every trigger point makes me jump out of my skin, and the list of...
  8. H

Does this sound like Fibro?

Hi Everyone. I hope you all are having a tolerable day. I don't know what to do anymore. I can barely function and sometimes am bedridden from the pain. I have been suicidal from the pain. I am wondering if this sounds like Fibromyalgia. I know that I can't be diagnosed online and am going to...
  9. VanGogh

"Did I say something wrong?"

Misunderstandings happen. Do they happen more when one has Fibro? I'm hesitant to even mention this wondering if it will be taken out of context. It just seems to me that a number of people must read into words or comments things that are not there or at least not intended to be mean or hurtful...
  10. L

Just diagnosed

Hello all. Glad to find this forum. I was just diagnosed July 13 after 3 plus years and 2 rheumotologists. Long story short, I started having pain all over. Holding my son's hand was painful. I joined a fitness boot camp and had to stop since the pain and fatigue was so bad. I thought I...
Back