counseling

1. 1sweed

Do Any Of You Have Asperger's Along With Fibromyalgia?

While I know we all struggle with Fibro here I wondered if anyone has ever been tested for autism and found they may have Asperger, which is the high intelligent end on the spectrum? I am going through some testing now to determine if I might have this condition and it would be nice to know if...
  2. Lana

anger

Anger at..... The pain and the exhaustion. The fibro fog that makes me look like I have Dementia. The longing to go back to work but knowing that its impossible. The feeling of being useless. The days my mind and body fight, my mind wants to do everything and my body says NO WAY!! Fighting to...
  3. vickythecat

How old are you, how long have you been a fibro warrior?

Hi, I know age is nothing but a number in most cases. I am turning 40 in a month, and I still feel like I am 28 most of the time (not physically, but mentally). But I was wondering how old we are on this forum and how long we have been battling with fibro. Thanks! Here are my statistics :)...
  4. L

Happy thread!

I know just about everyone here has at some point probably had issues with a doctor so this should be kind of relateable and amusing at the same time. So back in the day I ended up becoming unable to deal with my bipolar and tried to off myself. Again. So I ended up at this place that I was...
  5. S

Looking for information on an old experimental treatment for Fibromyalgia / CFS

I hope this is allowed here, I picked this forum vs the Alternative Treatment one for wider views in the hope I can get my questions answered. I'm 43 and I've had Fibromyalgia since I was around 15, in other words I've had it for so long that I remember when it was classified as a mental...
  6. C

I'm more than happy to help you

There are very many things about fibromyalgia that a doctor may not consider without a proper history. There are many psychological trauma disorders that can cause these symptoms and there are drug induced fibromyalgia symptoms as well. I do domestic violence and substance abuse counseling so...
  7. 1sweed

Video: Symptoms Of Anxiety & Panic Disorder

This video helps to break down the symptoms of anxiety and panic disorder into steps that will help you know about each condition and how they affect you. Having anxiety or panic attacks can cause several symptoms that can become overwhelming if you go without any type of treatment, such as...
  8. P

Loss of support from family and friends

[INDENT]Hello ... I'm PhillyFibro, and have had FMS for nearly 30 years. It was like a bad nightmare for 7 years before I was diagnosed in 1994. OK, so I wasn't a nut job, there's a real illness here. I believed knowing what was happening would be a giant help. But it took years to find...
  9. C

my journey with morphine withdrawals.

Well folks, as you know from my posts, i have moved to the mountains in AZ. i am getting reduced pains here. elevation works! i went to a pain mgt doctor on the mountain and i found they are uneducated and uncaring. the doctor said i was crazy and I was making up that i had my diagnosis. as...
  10. D

Hello, New Member

Hello Everyone, I'm so glad I found this site! I'm starting to lose my mind! I have been suffering with multiple aches, pains, numbness, stiffness, fatigue, mood swings,confusion, and in total fog. I could go on... Too many to list all. I had thought something was wrong about 3 years ago, but...
Back