onset

1. S

early onset symptoms?

hello everyone! i have been tested for lupus twice now, the second time i was also tested for RA. i was also tested for celiac disease, which was high, .1 off from being clinically diagnosed. the results for lupus and RA were negative. however, my body seems off. some of the symptoms that i...
  2. L

Sleep study for sleep apnoea

I know I asked already if anyone else had sleep apnoea and there were a few. I did the sleep study last night at home and if this comes back positive I'll be referred for a sleep study as an inpatient in hospital. I'll be really surprised if it comes back negative but still have that wee glimmer...
  3. K

Fibromyalgia without typical pain

I was sure the "do I have this?" questions would be numerous and look there's a whole section for it. My situation is complex and my brain is all foggy and tired but I'm trying to leave the blackout curtain open long enough to cool the room so I will try to get started and probably ramble on...
  4. EllaForgotten

My personal Topamax story & pain.

So, I was looking around the web for options to talk to my doctor(s) about with regards to fibromyalgia and ran across a link for Topamax. I was on Topamax over a year ago for neuropathy, and... it has just occurred to me that the pain began to get worse and worse AFTER I stopped taking it...
  5. T

Sleep

My understanding is insomnia is a common symptom of this. Personally, I had both sleep onset as well as sleep maintenance insomnia (meaning I didn't sleep at all for close to 3 years). So ... I had to research and experiment with just about every drug out there on my journy to getting better...
  6. S

Cat Scan anyone?

I had a cat scan w/contrast done a couple of months ago. For 2 weeks afterwards everything was worse...pain, fatigue, brain fog; I'm still a little worse than before the procedure. I even got the onset of new pain (like I needed that) in my hips. The hair has basically slowed down to almost a...
  7. S

New to the Forum

Hello everyone - I’ve just been recently diagnosed, but have known for several years that I probably had fibro. My mom has it and was disabled because of it and she had seen symptoms developing in me. At her request, I went to see a doctor about it and he was none too happy that I was telling...
  8. C

Tremors? hands and feet pain and prickling

Hi all , I was diagnosed in the fall and have been given lyrica and elavil for the pain and stiffness, that I've been feeling for awhile. The pain has improved, but now I feel short of breath and have the shakes..which is messing with my energy and makes me look and therefore feel nervous. I...
  9. G

Going to a Rheumotologist for the first time

I am almost 99.99% sure that what I have has to be Fibromyalgia. I have a long history with anxiety. My father passed away in 2008 from lung/stomach cancer that was very quick less than 6 months from diagnosis and my mom passed in 2009 from early onset alzheimers. Both were 60/58 years young...
  10. B

New and looking forward to communicating

I am very happy to be a part of a group that understands how I feel both physically and mentally.I was diagnosed with Fibro in 2010 and have had some tough days since. I also have lupus.sjogrens,high blood pressure&high cholesterol with sudden onset,and no success treating with medication.Doctor...
Back