communication

1. B

Confused and blindsided husband

I have posted before and would like to see what advise you would provide me. I have a full time job and we have been married for 36 years. I have been her care giver and happy to do so for the last 5 years. She is on many meds for Fibro pain and bipolar. Recently, she and I discussed our future...
  2. B

Husband cares for wife of 35 years

I am new to this forum and it is helpful to seek and learn from experienced ways to cope with a loved one suffering from this insidious disease. I must say however, it shocked me the general view that husbands, men are incapable of support and kindness to their loved ones. I am sure that some...
  3. H

In a Long distance relationship with a Fibromyalgia sufferer

I have been in a relationship with a girl with fibromyalgia for about 6 months now and our first flair together started about 6 weeks ago. We used to talk all day everyday between texting, phone calls, and playing video games together and fell for each other fast and hard, and about a week or so...
  4. Sagey

Chemogentics

Just was reading an interesting article about” chemogenetics” Scientist in the University of Oxford in the UK have been developing a protein That when placed in the experimentally damaged nerve cells of mice , decreased the nerve conductivity there by decreasing pain. The Protein is then...
  5. Tipnatee N

Oh no I can't speak!! , still can think and typing but can't say anything .

Is it fibro fog or my vocal cord is not fuction correctly? Usually when it comes to communication ability when it comes to my fibro fog , I usually get slur words, can't complete the sentences, lost vocabularies along with my short terms memories lost or just simply lost the reality all together...
  6. VanGogh

Metaphors, stories, lessons, teachers....

My brain sometimes feels like it wants to explode! I want to get the thoughts and information out " there " but like a Twilight Zone story I often can not find " there ". On one of those political talk shows, I recently heard someone say: " there is no there, there " and I rolled on the floor...
  7. vickythecat

what is 'normal' ....

I am almost 40. And it is only now that I am beginning to learn that many body aches and pains I thought were 'normal' are not normal whatsoever. I've always woken up feeling exhausted, hated going to school because of the early mornings. I thought I'd grow out of it. But it was the same when...
  8. I

Hi from The Netherlands

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and would like to introduce myself. I've just been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last November, but I've been stuggling with the pain for a few years. I live in The Netherlands, I'm 22 years old and study Communication. Right now I'm having troubles with my study...
  9. A

Apathy and Anger Phase?

I'm extremely down in the dumps. Maybe I could get some guidance from veteran sufferers? Here is what is going on (and please excuse my disjointed post): I was just diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in March (2013). I have suspected that I had it for almost 3 years. Two years ago, I had chronic...
Back