relationships

1. E

Perspective

Hi, I don't come on here that often but i'm in need of some perspective. I have been having what I call a flare up and im scared. Its been ongoing for the last 2 weeks and usually I can snap out of it or fix myself but this time I feel like i've just gone numb. Nothing hurts, everything is...
  2. vickythecat

Been here a while

I just noticed that I never posted here even though I have been on this forum for a while now. I am Denise, 39 years old, lived with mental illness my whole life. Especially severe social anxiety has made life very very very difficult. I grew up knowing 'normal' things like relationships...
  3. D

Partners Husbands and Wives

Hi, I know we are all different ages and all different situations...some married some living with a partner some single. For any of you how does it make you feel when your partner goes out socially or persuing solo hobbies several days a week. I have always encouraged my partner with his...
  4. MaggyBunny

Frustrated with my "supportive/understanding" boyfriend

First off I should state that I got diagnosed a few months ago with fibromyalgia, since then I've bought so many books… one book in particular "fibromyalgia for friends and loved ones" my parents found it very helpful and answered a lot of questions. My boyfriend (of many years that I live with)...
  5. S

tips for moving forward

Hi, I have been having intense, horrible, crippling pain for two years but was somehow just diagnosed recently. I was told "pelvic pain" "back problems" "piriformis syndrome" etc, etc. i have done a lot of reading about fibromyalgia. I currently take magnesium (lotion and pills), vit. D...
  6. C

28 and feeling a little hopeless...

Hi! So, I posted in the newly diagnosed section but this seems to be the place to introduce ones-self, so here I go! I was just diagnosed on monday but have had a lifetime of pain in my 28 short years. I feel like a 90 year old inside and out. I was bullied all through school and never had...
  7. D

Relationships

Sorry changed my mind i divulged to much personal info
  8. F

feeling defeated

this is my first original post to this forum and it's going to be a long one probably. i hope that everyone who reads this will be open-minded. i chose an anonymous forum that wasn't on facebook to get into specific details of my life and my fight with chronic illness. i am a survivor of...
  9. J

How, how, how?

Today I have brought myself to ask me the biggest question I have been asking myself since I have been diagnosed with FM. How at 19 years old Almost 20 explain to my friends and family besides my mother who knows because we are so close what I go through on a daily basis. Between the pain and...
  10. P

Fibro &Relationships

I am 25. I was diagnosed with Fibro about a year ago. How do you all deal with the strain it puts on your relationships? Sexually, emotionally, physically? My significant other has been my rock through this nightmare, but I fear he is getting tired of being my caregiver more than my spouse...
Back