vegan

1. 1sweed

How To Manage On A Tight Budget With Fibro

I have always struggled with this issue as lots of times I had to make a choice between eating healthy or going to the doctor or buying medication. With any health plan this is always going to be tough for those of us that live on a very small income. My disability income is less than $500 a...
  2. T

Fibro Opinions

Hi all, I'm just here to see if anyone with Fibromyalgia have similar symptoms as myself. I've been living with Spondylitis (Arthritis) for 20-25 years. So basically long term pain and fatigue. Over the last few years I seem to have added a new and very long list of symptoms that I'm dealing...
  3. vickythecat

how to make cooking less of a torture

Hi, I am vegan, so that means that I almost always have to prepare food at home. I also live on my own. Thankfully my sister helps me out quite often - especially with the whole cutting of fruits and veggies process, but when she is not around, I really have to gather all the energy I have, in...
  4. S

Just diagnosed under a month ago

Hi, everyone - How are you? I am in MS and I was diagnosed the day of the presidential elections. Sigh. I am really struggling right now; I'm hoping to get support here, as I did when I got my Celiac disease diagnosis 11 years ago and joined a forum that was a lifesaver, in terms of accepting...
  5. S

tips for moving forward

Hi, I have been having intense, horrible, crippling pain for two years but was somehow just diagnosed recently. I was told "pelvic pain" "back problems" "piriformis syndrome" etc, etc. i have done a lot of reading about fibromyalgia. I currently take magnesium (lotion and pills), vit. D...
  6. A

Fibromyalgia and Diet

I have been suffering with an intense pain in my upper right abdomen while also having gastritis for the past 3 years. I had been in and out of the hospital or medical clinics yet there is no apparent result from test that I had undergone with. My physician concluded that I might be suffering...
  7. M

Using A Vegan and fruit diet to reduce the PAIN and the INFLAMMATION of fibromyalgia.

I really think that a Vegan diet is the right way to go, it is alright to use medicines and supplements but I think it defeats the goal of yielding good results as far as reducing the pain levels , impact on fatigue , and the amount of inflammation which is another thing that causes pain. Eating...
  8. C

MS or fibro?

Hi everyone, I have been diagnosed with Fibro about a year ago and have a history of anxiety, and depression. I have had weird symptoms my whole life and now I feel debilitated. I used to be a weight lifter/fitness enthusiast who always worked out. Now I can hardly get to the store. I am...
  9. K

How do you pay for alternative medicine?

I have always been a sickly child. I was diagnosed with fibro and CFS when I was 17. It seems to run in my family with at least one case confirmed with an Aunt being diagnosed possibly more. For the past 10+ years I have had a doctor phobia and had stayed away and and off of all the drug...
  10. 1sweed

Got A Recipe To Share

Often times we just don't realize how much our diets can contribuite to our over all health unitl a visit to the doctor shows us our weight on that scale or our bloodwork is not so good. I had a wake-up call this past week concerning both. And part of it was really my fault or eating foods that...
Back