veteran

1. Hebee

Should I be tested?

I am a 36 year old male and I served two combat tours in Iraq back in 2003 and 2004. For the past 10 years, I have been dealing with widespread pain primarily in my knees, shins, shoulders, back, neck, and hips. I've also been dealing with numbness in my hands and occasionally my feet (this lead...
  2. P

Hello

I'm 64, old as dirt... I'm a veteran Fibro~Diva, diagnosed in 1985. New diagnosis of Rheumatoid arthritis last week....let the games begin. I have Fibro/RA, but is doesn't have me!
  3. MEgersheim

Quitting MEDS for alternative. Pls help.

Hi all. I have a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia/CPS and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome which is a joint and connective tissue disorder which causes great pain in the joints. I have a 6 year old son and am a newly-wed. My husband is a disabled veteran who also lives in chronic pain, so I have a support...
  4. H

Feel like a Newbie and a Veteran ?!

Need a little support. Going tomorrow to find out what my "treatment plan" is going to be. Even though I was "officially" diagnosed with Fibro 3 weeks ago, I have lived with it since at least 2005 or before. After research, I think I have had it since I was a kid. Although I have been praying...
  5. Sage Dancer

Me

Hello all, I am a survivor of this condition called Fibro, I am a disabled veteran, a mother and a daughter. Living with this condition some days makes every nerve in my body wanting to scream. Some say that it does NOT cripple or debilitate, but what do they know? They know nothing of every...
  6. K

New here...flare up!

Hi all. I have been battling this beast for 12 years, but was only diagnosed a few years ago (CFS diagnosis in 02). All these years, I've had flare ups, but some just seem to be worse. My vent for today is this: My husband has severe PTSD. He is 100% disabled veteran, but sometimes I just need...
  7. S

Missing a funeral

My husband's grandmother passed away almost 2 months ago, but the funeral is tomorrow. She was cremated and will be buried with her husband in a veteran's cemetery in South Dakota. I had been preparing myself for the traveling. This would also be an opportunity to meet a lot of my husband's...
  8. M

New Here

hello, im from texas and ive had fibro/cfs since 2008. i also have ibs and sarcoidosis of liver. all of these thing made me medical retire from the military. now im a 100% disabled veteran. im a stay at home father. since ive had these medical issues the pain hasnt gone away and ive tried ever...
  9. M

I'm new

Hi, I'm Peg and I was diagnosed several years ago. I also have diabetes related neuropathy, sleep apnea, psoriasis, and arthritis. I am a widow (lost my husband of 34 years last January to cancer) and I live with my 23 year old son who has high functioning autism. So you can imagine that my life...
  10. A

Apathy and Anger Phase?

I'm extremely down in the dumps. Maybe I could get some guidance from veteran sufferers? Here is what is going on (and please excuse my disjointed post): I was just diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in March (2013). I have suspected that I had it for almost 3 years. Two years ago, I had chronic...
Back