mental illness

1. vickythecat

When should one go to a doctor?

I know this is somewhat of a stupid question. If you feel unwell, you should go to the doctor. For certain issues, some doctors tell you to have regular check-ups, so you go back every year/6 months. But I am confused with fibro because it can cause pain at the weirdest spots. I don't know...
  2. vickythecat

Mental illness and fibro

Hi, I was wondering whether anyone else would like to share their own experiences regarding mental illness and its correlation with fibro. I've always been a very sensitive introverted child. Growing up I started self injurying mainly because life would simply be too much for me. I'd worry...
  3. vickythecat

disability, benefits and feeling guilty

Hi, I am not entitled to disability or any benefits in the country I currently live in, as fibromyalgia, CFS, nerve damage or my lifelong mental health issues (BPD, major depression, social anxiety, PTSD) are not considered 'enough' to be entitled. Sad, really really sad. I am very lucky that I...
  4. vickythecat

Been here a while

I just noticed that I never posted here even though I have been on this forum for a while now. I am Denise, 39 years old, lived with mental illness my whole life. Especially severe social anxiety has made life very very very difficult. I grew up knowing 'normal' things like relationships...
  5. F

feeling defeated

this is my first original post to this forum and it's going to be a long one probably. i hope that everyone who reads this will be open-minded. i chose an anonymous forum that wasn't on facebook to get into specific details of my life and my fight with chronic illness. i am a survivor of...
  6. Feien

Could this be fibro?

Hello everyone, I'm a 24 year old female from Canada. I've been experiencing pain and fatigue for some time and I've started wondering if I might have fibro... I have been diagnosed with hip bursitis about a year ago. I've been having chronic hip pain for years, anti-inflammatories don't help...
  7. V

Have any of you been referred for investigations into your health problems ?

Hello to all, I have joined this forum with my daughter in mind. She has been terribly ill for around nine years though the illness has changed over that time. It is thought she has f.b. During the last few years her doctors have largely treated her as though she has a mental illness. She has...
  8. R

Hello from new member

I have had FMS for many years. I was diagnosed in 2003 but have had symptoms since I was in my 20s, I am now 60. I'm in constant pain and have headaches daily. Went to Mayo's last week about possible surgery on my spine in my neck but the neurologist stated that it wouldn't help my particular...
  9. J

Hello

I am new to this forum. Its been recommended I start talking to people about my FM because I'm really struggling tovwrap my head around it. I was diagnosed 2 years ago but still feel clueless to what is going on with me. I, also, struggle with mental illness. Hope to learn a lot.
  10. H

Why are we still in the dark?

There are lots of theories out there about FMS/CFS. It's a thyroid problem, it's a digestive problem, candida, it's an autoimmune problem, etc. But not enough research is being done to get to the bottom of it. The reason for that is twofold, in my opinion. 1. Fibromialgia and chronic fatigue...
Back