professor

1. H

A Physician Who Gets It.

I posted earlier a link to this article. I didn't realize that registration was needed to view the article. Here is the article. "Vancouver – “We have less power, pharmacologically, than we thought. The vast majority of people are getting adverse effects in return for nothing,” said Dr. Tom...
  2. H

Why Fibromyalgia Pain Feels Different

For Amy Mullholand, simple chores like washing the dishes or making breakfast can be incredibly challenging. “On a good day, I can get through the cups and the silverware, then I must sit for at least 15 to 20 minutes. Then I tackle the bowls. Then I sit and rest,” said Mullholand. “On a bad...
  3. D

Research paper about patient perspective on fibromyalgia

I was surprised to run across a good research paper that was focused on uunderstanding how fibromyalgia patients view their condition. Many times this kind of research seems to be focused on identifying ways that the patients are making their symptoms worse by having a bad attitude (which...
  4. Zolisindigo

Books which bring you joy,hope and relief

Dear friends,let's share with each other about wonderful books which you have been reading during last year! I also will be glad to know what books inspire you! There are some of mine: 1. Louise Hay and David Kessler " You can heal your heart: Finding peace after a breakup,divorce or death"...
  5. P

Research - Hyperbaric hope for fibromyalgia sufferers

I found this article in the sidebar of one of my favorite newsgroups and thought I would pass it along. You can find the entire article by searching on the title (in bold below). It may not be a cure, but it is a step in isolating the problem.
  6. R

emotion

I am an Assistant professor. I have been suffering from fibromyalgia for over 3 years now. I am becoming more and more irritated, losing temper, forgetting a lot. As a result my relationship with family and friends are getting affected. Please advice how to keep emotions in control
  7. S

How should i start?

Hi, my name is Tudor, and I’m from Romania. I’m 18. During last 3 years I have had pains. Firstly it was my back that hurted. I was lifting weights when my problems appeared so I thought it was a spine pain(caused by a vertebra hernia). The additional pain was felt in inguinal area( between...
  8. P

Hi Everyone

My name is Kim and I'm a 58-year old college professor. I was diagnosed in 1998 at Mayo Clinic and have other chronic conditions as well as fibro (Meniere's disease, herniated discs in neck, GERD, heart arrhythmia.) I teach from home 100% online. I still have to drag myself on campus a couple...
  9. G

my story

well, I am not sure where to begin. I have had some minor things on and off for along time. Quickly-epstien barr virus at 20. That lasted for a year or so, there was no twitching, just tired and achey. Then 8 yrs ago mis-diagnoised with MS. I was having tingling and numbness, had MRI, came back...
Back