sharing

1. C

Health writer - Seeking women living with fibromyalgia

I am a health writer and woman living with fibromyalgia. I am creating a website to help other women living with fibromyalgia and am looking for feedback on the content. If you are interested in providing me with your thoughts and comments on newsletters, articles and chapters of new e-books...
  2. cosmicbiscuit

Road to proper diagnosis: I suspect it's fibromyalgia

Hello to all forum members. I'm glad this community exists to help people that have been diagnosed and also the ones like me seeking for a proper diagnosis. Thanks for spending time trying to help others and sharing tips or just listening. I'll try to keep my case simple. I've had chronic...
  3. 1sweed

I Have A New Interest

Every time I come on the forum I look at the number of guests viewing our forum and think I wish more of them would join. Some may be old members who visit but just don't sign in anymore. Yesterday we had 450 guests and today the count was 398. I sure wish more would come aboard and start...
  4. medicmurphy

Been A While

Greetings to all of you, It's been a few months since I've checked in to the forum. I've been browsing and can see some of you are still actively battling this nasty syndrome. I also see that there are a few more members. The last I posted was about attempting to increase some exercise in an...
  5. AdorkablesMama04

New to Forum Long Diagnosed

Hello all! First I want to say I'm sorry for turning what should be a short intro into a long one. Also, if you have trouble understanding I've had to start typing how things sound in my head and stop proofing my messages because it takes hours when I do and sometimes things turn out worse...
  6. M

No shame here/Dr. App, eyesight.

I am starting to be open with people about fibromyalgia. My last eye appointment When being asked about why I had high blood pressure, I told her "I have fibromyalgia, I wont bug you with details, not many people understand. Her reaction took me by surprise. She said "my Mum has fibromyalgia...
  7. D

Medication Question - How Much Do You Take If Any

Hi, I'm curious - is anyone here able to successfully manage your symptoms with a minimum of medication? If so, how do you do it? Do you work full-time (either in or outside the home)? I work full-time in a fairly sedentary job 37.5 hrs per week, and take a lot of medication in order to do...
  8. vickythecat

famous TV doctor denies fibromyalgia to exist

Ok, I will have to cool you down before I go any further - this is not a famous TV doctor in the States, the UK or anywhere in Europe. Thankfully I suppose... I won't mention where, but it is in the country where I live and this is so so so frustrating. How dare he???!!! The majority of the...
  9. 1sweed

Disability Scare Flare

As you might know I have been on here quite some time sharing my advice and life with fibromyalgia with all of you. I got my SSD in 2007, and up until this year they never once contacted me concerning rechecking for eligibility, that is until I got a part time job this year. I came home one day...
  10. B

Hi from Mt Martha, Australia

This is my first post having only joined today. I have really enjoyed reading the posts I have managed to do so far. It is a 'good' day for me so I thought I would take advantage and write this post, so here goes....... I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in March 2012 after many, many, many tests...
Back