yoga

1. C

What Tools are in your toolbox??

I'm having a flare. I don't think I need to describe how I feel - you've all been there. I got up this morning, per usual, and did my morning Range of Motion Yoga (that I made up for myself). I put on a Tiger Balm patch (which doesn't help, but hey, I'll try anything) I took 2 tramadols I...
  2. K

New..and waiting on diagnosis

I’m what I consider still young at 34... so when I began experiencing awful pain I knew something wasn’t right. What finally led me to see my doctor and bring up my pain (which at the time was in my outer hips and thighs), was about a year ago, I couldn’t sit comfortably, stand comfortably or...
  3. D

Stretching

So i have been trying to do just a few stretching exercises. Please can any tell me if their bodies react like mine? So if i stretch my arms out in front of me and flex my hand upwards to stretch the whole area i have severe pain through my hand wrist forearm elbow up to my shoulders. If i...
  4. L

Yoga as therapy

Okay, so I've been doing yoga for a few weeks and here are some things I have learned. Hot yoga has a far greater effect than normal temperature yoga and I do both. However, I do light heat yoga. DO NOT DO BIKRAM. Unless you want to train up to it. It is usually 100 degrees and many people say...
  5. L

How stupid would this be...

So I found a 30 day intro to a yoga studio for 30 bucks. Want to sign up. That's a great price. So I'm trying to slowly get back into yoga. They have two studios, one hot, one not. The latter has restorative yoga if anyone knows what that is. Which I plan on partaking in. It's like... yoga for...
  6. L

Every.Signle.Day

So yesterday it was ankle pain so bad it was hard to drive. Today I slept until 3pm and somehow feel like I injured the entire left side of my torsos. I woke up to back pain again despite the muscle relaxers. What will tomorrow be? It seems like a new issue every day. I can hardly keep up...
  7. L

New stuff!

This part of the forum looks like it died so I'll try to wake it up. And I'm so excited! I got my stuff. I got a Zabuton Zafu for meditation. I'm up to 15 minutes a day and about to move to 20. It is sooo comfortable. It appears I can't post a link but it's a big square pillow with a little...
  8. D

Rebuilding muscle and strength

So we have had an amazing thread on exercise intolerance that's had the most replies ive seen for ages. So those of you who understand i haven't been able to exercise much for over 2 years and i have limitations based on joint issues....so i cant squat or get on the ground or bend around as in...
  9. J

Confused Husband needs help to understand

My wife was diagnosed over a year ago. I try to be very supportive. I have some issues of my own she has had to be supportive of over the years. With Fibro, there are some things I just don't understand, I am hoping for some feedback. My wife does very little to try to get help with this. She...
  10. C

Saw 2nd Rheumatologist...and even more confused & frustrated

BLARG! Now that I got that out of my system, I want to first thank you guys for helping me prep for my new rheumatologist. I made notes and she took the time to really talk to me. Well, as well as a doctor can talk to their patients, I guess. Anywho, I guess my real question is about...
Back