meals

1. vickythecat

how to make cooking less of a torture

Hi, I am vegan, so that means that I almost always have to prepare food at home. I also live on my own. Thankfully my sister helps me out quite often - especially with the whole cutting of fruits and veggies process, but when she is not around, I really have to gather all the energy I have, in...
  2. P

Confused and depressed going without medication

I've had fibromyalgia for 20 years. I've been on many different anti depressants and pain meds since then. About 4 mos ago I decided to get off Paxil and Savella because of the side effects. I went to a natural dr to get relief of pain and depression/anxiety thru food. He put me on a diet...
  3. M

Barely Hanging in There

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm not used to sharing details of my fibro with others outside of my family. I am at my breaking point physically and mentally after living with this hellish disease since 1998. In the past, I would have flare-ups especially when temperatures go down, after...
  4. SnowLynx

Old but New Diagnosis

My doctor in 2012 diagnosed me with FMS, but I disbelieved her, buying into the "we'll say that when we can't figure out what's wrong with you" myth. And I lived the next four years as if I were a well person and nearly burned out completely. A new doctor diagnosed me with FMS again and told...
  5. H

Does eating late affect your fatigue?

I find that the only way to stave off night fatigue is by eating. Generally not just light snacks but full meals. However when I eat no later than 7pm, and Don't eat until 9am the next morning, I find my fatigue in the morning is significantly less.
  6. Feien

Diagnosed today

I expected it, so I wasn't exactly shocked, but my doctor officially diagnosed me with fibromyalgia today. Part of me is so relieved because I finally have an answer... I've been struggling for so long, and I just thought I was too sensitive, too out of shape, too lazy, etc. When really, the...
  7. R

Fibromyalgia and diet

A patient suffering from fibromyalgia should have an elimination challenge diet starting by elimination of dairy and gluten food. Consulting a physician is necessary in case of allergies to make sure you don't miss out on essential nutrients. Whenever possible, a diet should have vegetables...
  8. T

Feeling worthless :-(

I just need to vent somewhere where others actually understand what I'm going through. I've always been a hard working and over-achiever. I look back and see that there was a time when I was a wonderful mother. We baked together, cooked food from scratch, looked forward to preparing meals for...
  9. T

Very Scared

I am 3 weeks out from having my left shoulder totally replaced and I must admit I am terrified. I have been trying to do things with one hand and find that it is almost totally impossible for me to do so. I am so scared I am starting to shut down, physically, mentally and emotionally. I sleep...
  10. T

Does anyone suffer from lack of appetite?

Looking at my figure you wouldn't be able to tell, but I hardly eat most days. I'm lucky to get an atkins bar or yogurt with grape nuts and MAYBE a dinner. If food is in front of me I'll eat it, but to make it myself, forget it. I did this HCG diet once that limited you to 1,200 calories. I...
Back