frustrated

1. B

Husband Day to Day

New to the forum and wanted to reach out to those of you that could offer some guidance on care giving role I play. My wife of 35 years has battled Fibro for 7 years now. Background: I still work full time and have to travel out of town occasionally. She manages pain with Butrans patch and...
  2. Y

Flare-Ups & Work (Ranting)

I have been having the start (or worsening of) a flare-up for the past three days. It seems like I am always in a flare-up since I was diagnosed a year ago. I work full time as a private security sergeant and go to school part-time. I have been trying for three days to get someone to cover my...
  3. A

Motivational tips to continue physiotherapy for fibromyalgia

Sup everyone. I'm personally not affected by fibromyalgia but my girlfriend is. She also suffers from occasional spondylitis. After consulting the doctor she's been advised to undergo physiotherapy. It started out well but her pain is so intolerable sometimes that she ends up weak and unable to...
  4. cosmicbiscuit

Road to proper diagnosis: I suspect it's fibromyalgia

Hello to all forum members. I'm glad this community exists to help people that have been diagnosed and also the ones like me seeking for a proper diagnosis. Thanks for spending time trying to help others and sharing tips or just listening. I'll try to keep my case simple. I've had chronic...
  5. vickythecat

How to be a smart patient

Hi, These past few weeks, with the acute serious illness of my mom, I was once again reminded of how important it is to be a smart patient. Before I start, I need to emphasize that I have full respect for doctors. This is not about 'dissing' them, or disregarding them. It is about the fact...
  6. C

Saw 2nd Rheumatologist...and even more confused & frustrated

BLARG! Now that I got that out of my system, I want to first thank you guys for helping me prep for my new rheumatologist. I made notes and she took the time to really talk to me. Well, as well as a doctor can talk to their patients, I guess. Anywho, I guess my real question is about...
  7. vickythecat

it's too much, just too much....

I will use this post as therapy...I just have to because I have no other option. 5 weeks ago 2 newly born kittens were left in front of our building. People see that we take care of stray animals, and decide that taking away babies from their mothers and bringing them us is a good idea. (It is...
  8. L

Advice needed

I am 22 and was diagnosed just over a year ago. I have just begun my final year of college and I am in so much pain and totally exhausted. I have never been this bad before and I don't know what to do I am so frustrated. I am really tried to help myself I started improving my diet and have been...
  9. L

No fun no pain!

Aarrgh! Yet another flare. It started after stress at work. My boss made me interview for a job I had been doing well for 2 years then offered it to someone with 6mths experience compared to my 10 years of experience! It's no wonder I'm stressed out. I then went to a 50th birthday party of a...
  10. VanGogh

rEaLiTy blurrs so who can answer? who will answer? who to ask?

I say something that I think is funny but no one laughs...there arises a concern but history tells me that few will get it so what to say? symptoms get worse but I haven't been diagnosed yet with Fibro so it seems common that the choices of who to turn to is small to start and getting smaller by...
Back