meditation

1. M

Saying Hi

Hi everyone Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm recently diagnosed (though suffered at least 3 yrs previously )43yr old Fibro mum who also has depression and anxiety and possible spondyloarthritis . Im a carer also for both my daughters with different diagnosis and my husband has aspergers...
  2. L

New stuff!

This part of the forum looks like it died so I'll try to wake it up. And I'm so excited! I got my stuff. I got a Zabuton Zafu for meditation. I'm up to 15 minutes a day and about to move to 20. It is sooo comfortable. It appears I can't post a link but it's a big square pillow with a little...
  3. Sagey

Interesting article on mind body connection

The first component of mind body science is a molecule found on the surface of all our cells in our brains and our bodies. They are so small that millions cover a single nerve cell. This first component is called a receptor, and it is attached to a cell’s outer membrane. It lies exposed to the...
  4. P

Hi I am a new member and my story

Hi, new here, I also deal with some anger that our life is not the same. I am on disability as the stress of working was too painful ended up bringing me postraumatic stress, trauma that I would relive concerning sexual aggressions from others and from my own father. My father's betrayal is the...
  5. S

The Depression Letter

Reading the Fibromyalgia letters made me think I should write one like it, only talking about Depression. So I just now did. And here it is: I have spent more of my life depressed than I have spent being not depressed. Most people don't think that is possible, but believe me, it is. Many people...
  6. B

Meditation for Pain?

Someone suggested I try meditation for relief of my chronic pain symptoms. They offer one-hour meditation classes at the yoga studio downtown, so I could attend yoga and meditation and only park once. It would help if there were more meditation classes scheduled around town, so I could attend...
  7. L

Taking back control- a new plan for managing my fibro

:-PI've been struggling for quite some time with the meds I am taking for fibromyalgia, major depressive and anxiety disorders. Either I'm getting worse or everything is not working as well. So, I had to make a choice to keep increasing Cymbalta and Tramadol and adding more meds or find a new...
  8. F

How Fibromyalgi affects my day?

It is a huge pain in the neck - no pun intended. All the drugs make me sicker than the fibromyalgia or prove to be quite useless. I'm finding that healing meditation & Qigong are about the only things that have made a positive difference. My internist is completely onboard and I don't see the...
  9. A

Dealing with pain and stress

Hi guys I know in new here but thought I would share what ive been trying for a few weeks now :) I have a very high pain threshold so for me pain has to be severe for me to kniw I had it on talking to my doctor and a few friends stress can make you worse so I went about trying to find a way of...
  10. M

Scared every time a new symptom pops up

My pain started a year and a half ago in my hands, then my feet. 5 months later I went to the ER with chest pains and was diagnosed with chostocondritis. 3 months after that the horrible migraines started, then the neck pain, then the throat, more chest pain, breast pain, and stomach issues the...
Back