activity

1. S

Early signs?

hello everyone! i have been tested for lupus twice now, the second time i was also tested for RA. i was also tested for celiac disease, which was high, .1 off from being clinically diagnosed. the results for lupus and RA were negative. however, my body seems off. some of the symptoms that i...
  2. S

early onset symptoms?

hello everyone! i have been tested for lupus twice now, the second time i was also tested for RA. i was also tested for celiac disease, which was high, .1 off from being clinically diagnosed. the results for lupus and RA were negative. however, my body seems off. some of the symptoms that i...
  3. Hebee

Should I be tested?

I am a 36 year old male and I served two combat tours in Iraq back in 2003 and 2004. For the past 10 years, I have been dealing with widespread pain primarily in my knees, shins, shoulders, back, neck, and hips. I've also been dealing with numbness in my hands and occasionally my feet (this lead...
  4. A

Motivational tips to continue physiotherapy for fibromyalgia

Sup everyone. I'm personally not affected by fibromyalgia but my girlfriend is. She also suffers from occasional spondylitis. After consulting the doctor she's been advised to undergo physiotherapy. It started out well but her pain is so intolerable sometimes that she ends up weak and unable to...
  5. Sagey

Chemogentics

Just was reading an interesting article about” chemogenetics” Scientist in the University of Oxford in the UK have been developing a protein That when placed in the experimentally damaged nerve cells of mice , decreased the nerve conductivity there by decreasing pain. The Protein is then...
  6. L

Stiffness after physical activity

I work a job “supervising” janitorial work but I’m much more hands-on than I probably should be and tend to work just as hard as my staff. Some nights I’m vacuuming, others I’m sweeping and mopping and there are times when I’m hauling heavy garbage. When I get home, every night without fail, I...
  7. medicmurphy

Been A While

Greetings to all of you, It's been a few months since I've checked in to the forum. I've been browsing and can see some of you are still actively battling this nasty syndrome. I also see that there are a few more members. The last I posted was about attempting to increase some exercise in an...
  8. F

Hello! looking for answers.

Good Morning! I am forty yo male who had stomach issues in early May. I had extreme anxiety if not a break down of some sort when this was going on. I had a lot of tests endoscopy, colonoscopy, HIDA scan, ultra sound blood work for pancreas, gluten tests....all clear, given IBS diagnosis...
  9. C

I’ve got Fibro, too!

Glad I found you all.. I have been recently diagnosed although I think I have had it for years and seen rheumatologists, physical therapists, and chiropractors. I have also been tested for Lupus and Lyme disease. I am hypothyroid but have been on meds for that which have have brought my levels...
  10. Sagey

Interesting article on mind body connection

The first component of mind body science is a molecule found on the surface of all our cells in our brains and our bodies. They are so small that millions cover a single nerve cell. This first component is called a receptor, and it is attached to a cell’s outer membrane. It lies exposed to the...
Back