second opinion

1. K

New to forum. Fibro sucks.

I am in my 40's. I was diagnosed a year and a half ago, after 5 years of misdiagnosis and doctors thinking i'm crazy. I had gone through extensive testing for Lyme, Lupus and MS. And doctors telling me I was depressed and that's why I felt the way I felt. I thought I WAS going crazy. My life was...
  2. F

Strange stuff

After my initial newby thread I was diagnosed in November which seemed too easy after all the things I had read. I ended up getting a second opinion from rhumy. I filled out the standard fibro pain form, however he doesn't like the term Fibromyalgia because it was a trash can term by so many...
  3. K

Diagnosed, but still doubting. Am I just grasping for an answer?

Hi everyone. So my doctor diagnosed me this week with fibromyalgia. It's been over six months that we've been trying to figure out what is going on with me. Fibromyalgia is very new to me and I'm very unfamiliar with it besides the research I've been doing on it this week since the diagnosis...
  4. T

HELP finding a doctor

Hello, I was hoping someone could guide me in the direction of a doctor who could give me a second opinion or confirm my fibromyalgia diagnosis. I am in the Hampton roads area of Virginia. The reason is My neurologist sent me to a rheumatologist to diagnose me and after leaving her office...
  5. B

A continuing saga

I continue to be frustrated with getting a diagnosis. Continuing pain and discomfort and fatigue. Up until this year I was working as a substitute teacher at a local girls high school. I loved working there and always felt like I was coming into a strong caring community. I have always had...
  6. H

Diagnosed Yesterday

I was diagnosed with FM yesterday by a rheumatologist. This was after months of testing by my GP for the extreme fatigue and brain fog. I chalked the pain up to 'overdoing it' because everything started in April, when I began doing more outside yard work. A friend asked if I had considered the...
  7. P

FM/a blood test

I have been reading about a new Fibromyalgia blood test that claims to be 99% accurate in diagnosing FM and ruling out other conditions. Has anyone read about it or talked to their doctor about it? Has anyone had this test done yet? If so, what are your thoughts? I am seriously considering...
  8. P

Doctor Recommendations

Hi, I don't know where to start looking for a doctor who can diagnose and treat FMS. My husband wants me to get a second opinion. We live in the Beaumont/Houston, Texas area. Could anyone recommend someone?? Thanks.
  9. N

I'm in a bad situation that is turning scary

My dad made me go see doctor for a second opinion on my fibro diagnosis because he didn't belive that I had fibro, but his doctor also diagnosed me. I've become dependant on my dad and live at his house (very long story short, it was my grandpa's house and i was living here to take care him...
  10. M

unrealistic demands

Plesw pray, it's getting really bad. We all know the guilt and condemnation that goes along with this disease. Well its getting worse. I'm hearing words behind d my back, not so nice. My last Dr,. Said were going to start over. A loved one said go back to the Dr that saw you 4 5 min and...
Back