kindness

1. B

Husband cares for wife of 35 years

I am new to this forum and it is helpful to seek and learn from experienced ways to cope with a loved one suffering from this insidious disease. I must say however, it shocked me the general view that husbands, men are incapable of support and kindness to their loved ones. I am sure that some...
  2. 1sweed

I Have A New Interest

Every time I come on the forum I look at the number of guests viewing our forum and think I wish more of them would join. Some may be old members who visit but just don't sign in anymore. Yesterday we had 450 guests and today the count was 398. I sure wish more would come aboard and start...
  3. 1sweed

Trying To Be Happy Today

I thought I would start a thread where we can all share one thing a day that made us happy and made us smile and had a kind word we wanted to share with other members. Often we rush through our days and never give a lingering thought about the few things that made us happy, made us smile, or...
  4. S

Criticism

One thing I find very difficult is the criticism that I receive from others when I do not participate in things that they think I should. Frankly, I don't care what they think of me, but being criticized is still stressful, and for me (I guess for all of us) stress triggers much worse symptoms...
  5. D

Feeling Low

Any words of encouragement or kindness would be nice....not feeling well...don't want to be a complainer.... but im sick and tired of being sick and tired.....bored and lonely. I am a cat lover and my two ginger boys died of very old age age 17 and 18 in the last couple of years. I saw a...
  6. N

Living in Extreme Poverty

I don't know about anyone else, but this is the one thing I hate most about having Fibro. I have been unable to work for 6 years now and have zero income, no help from family and rely on the kindness of my boyfriend to take care of me. He's able to make sure food is put on the table, rent and...
  7. L

What, me smoke?

Hi all. I've just discovered this Forum, and it already feels better to know there are many other Fibro sufferers out there. So, I am now smoking about 10 cigs a day, which I might feel somewhat guilty about, but will continue if it gives me the small pleasure that it does. NOT advocating this...
  8. L

Five trips to ER this week with my hubby. Exhausted!

My sweet guy who is disabled so mostly understands my challenges got knocked low this week with an unrelenting bout of Cyclic Vomiting. Since we are back in Maine, it took 5 trips to the ER before one contacted docs in WA and found out that I did know the treatment protocol that works...
Back