tramadol

1. longtimer

Opioid long term use and increased pain

Hi - I was given Tramadol about 15 years ago and have been on it ever since. My fibro pain has dramatically worsened in the last 3 years and my doctor wants me to get off the drug because he says it can cause opioid-induced hyperalgesia - or increased pain. Has anyone else experienced this? or...
  2. cindin4

Chemical imbalance in brain is cause of Fibro?

I saw my Rheumatologist today for a quarterly check up. We have tried Cymbalta--bothered my kidneys and created worse leg cramps/spasm/twitching. Then he put me on Lyrica--that stuff is nasty, expensive and created mental health issues, he then added Lexapro and it caused heart palpations. He...
  3. A

Diagnosed Today

Hi everyone! My name is Amanda and I am 28 years old. I was just diagnosed with fibro by my rheumatologist today. All of the symptoms and diagnostic criteria fit what I've been dealing with over the last year and now everything makes total sense. I had a hip arthroscopy to fix a labral tear and...
  4. K

New to forum. Fibro sucks.

I am in my 40's. I was diagnosed a year and a half ago, after 5 years of misdiagnosis and doctors thinking i'm crazy. I had gone through extensive testing for Lyme, Lupus and MS. And doctors telling me I was depressed and that's why I felt the way I felt. I thought I WAS going crazy. My life was...
  5. C

Having a flare & can’t think straight

I’m having a flare in my left side upper back/neck. It’s like a burning pain and I can’t get comfortable. I didn’t sleep at all last night. I feel panicky and hopeless and i don’t know how to resolve it. I’ve used dry heat and moist heat. I’ve taken Valium and tramadol (not at the same time)...
  6. D

Face pain eye pain

Anyone else have daily migraine eye pain sore throat and jaw/facial pain. The only thing i can do is use ice and not talk! Eating hurts ...my voice is now hoarse and the muscles in my throat and into my ears jaw eyes throb all day. This has been what i call a weak area with some flares but...
  7. G

I am a new member

I was diagnosed in March 2000. Doctor tried me on : Celebrex , Lyrica , Cymbalta , Neurontin . (Horrible side effects from the 3 above) The Neurontin gave me mini seizures , my head was so heavy I couldn't get my chin off my chest. I currently take the :Tramadol and Flexeril . I've...
  8. vickythecat

Let's list all the things that do help

Hi, There are so many posts here from all of us asking others what they do for their pain/exhaustion/fibro fog and all kinds of complaints relating to fibro, that I thought a post listing only the things that do help us individually, might be helpful for us all. Here is my list; - Tramadol...
  9. C

Requesting Advice for Dr's Appt

Hey all, I saw a rhuematoid dr twice, and I have decided to see a different rheumatoid doctor. Not necessarily for a 2nd diagnostic opinion, as I can say with probably 85% certainty that I have fibromyalgia. Rather, I want to see if she can provide more insight and a better treatment plan...
  10. M

Tramadol

Hello, I am new to this site and finally finding out that I have fibromyalgia, I have been taking tramadol/ultram for quite some time now and I find that it helps with the pain and tiredness, that I suffer from. Does anybody else take it and does it help?:-)
Back