medicare

1. Sagey

Fibromyalgia blood test and vaccine development

Hi, I was just searching the web and came upon info on a company named Epigenetics.They have developed a blood test for Fibromyalgia and according to them it is 93 percent effective. I looked up the news on this company and it seems the are doing a lot of clinical trials and trying to make...
  2. 1sweed

Disability Scare Flare

As you might know I have been on here quite some time sharing my advice and life with fibromyalgia with all of you. I got my SSD in 2007, and up until this year they never once contacted me concerning rechecking for eligibility, that is until I got a part time job this year. I came home one day...
  3. B

Acupuncture

There have been a number of previous posts on acupuncture and whether or not these treatments have helped, but unfortunately those threads have been closed. So I guess I’ll just start a new one explaining my own experience. If anyone would like to share their recent experience with...
  4. R

Drug assistance programs

The cost of medication for most fibromyalgia patients is increasing and others can't afford them denying them a chance to quality healthcare. The following websites are useful or such patients: Medicare Plan B; Which Drugs Are Covered by Medicare; application for Senior Prescription Assistance...
  5. K

New and frustrated

Hi there, I am new to this group so I hope I am doing this right. I was dignosed with Fibro a couple of years ago along with degenerative disc disease. I have had to stop working and am now on disability. I am in a lot of pain almost all day every day any more. My Dr. doesn't know anything...
  6. R

15 years since diagnosis

I began having insomnia, headaches, diffuse body-wide pain and cognitive problems back in early 2000. By June of that year, I could only work a few hours per week at my senior analyst position at Siemens Power Corp, Nuclear Div. At year's end, with no diagnosis and unable to really perform my...
  7. 1sweed

Official: Fibromyalgia Is A True Disease

As of October 1, 2015, fibromyalgia finally has its own official diagnostic code in the ICD-10-CM codes formally adopted in the U.S. ICD-10-CM, which stands for International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision, Clinical Modification, is a list of diagnostic codes provided by the Centers...
  8. I

Sleep Apnea and Fibromyalgia

last time i was on here i thought i was loosing it all first i dont want to come off rubbing in anyone's face or upsetting anyone in anyway for 3 to 4 years i watched my heath go to being able to do almost nothing back 3 to 4 years ago my sleep ap machine broke and the provider refused to...
  9. N

If i only knew!

If I only knew that my Medicare Part D insurance Humana would raise my cost from $100 to $300 for my cost of Lyrica I would have stayed on Neurontin even though it was not effective on my really bad flare ups. I had no idea I would be going through withdrawals right now. Has anyone had the...
  10. J

Diagnosis/No insurance

I have family members who have been diagnosed with Fibro, but I have a friend who I am almost CERTAIN has it, but she cannot go to the doctor because she doesn't have insurance to pay for the visit, the 'scripts, etc... She doesn't qualify for that Obamacare thing, TN hasn't expanded Medicare...
Back