unpredictable

1. B

Husband Day to Day

New to the forum and wanted to reach out to those of you that could offer some guidance on care giving role I play. My wife of 35 years has battled Fibro for 7 years now. Background: I still work full time and have to travel out of town occasionally. She manages pain with Butrans patch and...
  2. VanGogh

So called " support team "

If I could clone myself I would! Somewhere, somehow I learned how to lovingly and caringly support my family and friends when they are ill or sick or discover that they have a serious condition. Here, from strangers we find HB's who know how to say the right things, to make suggestions that...
  3. C

Career and fibro - good days/ bad days

Hi, is there anybody here who has managed to maintain a professional career after developing fibro? Is it even possible? I've been diagnosed just about a year ago but have been living with it longer. Before the diagnosis I used to make up for the bad days but putting more hours, spending...
  4. T

Approved for SSD - Tips and info if you are looking to apply in the U.S.

It has been a while since I have been on this forum. I have a few friends that I have become acquainted with that are disabled and wanting to apply for disability. I thought about it and figured I would share with all of you that may be in the same boat. I am 51 and had to stop working at 49. I...
  5. C

New to forum - not to fibromyalgia

Hello everyone - I am anxious to connect with others who share my problems. I had my first flare up when I was 38. I'm 69 now. My flare ups are unpredictable. I have always figured they were triggered by stressful events, but I retired in 2013 and we moved to tucson. Two of my daughters live...
  6. E

symptoms dont stop changing

Hope someone can relate to never being able to understand their fibro because its always changing! I've had vague symptoms for years, just never felt "good" and never had answers. Chronic nausea, vomiting, IBS, intermittent fatigue have been an issue since I was 18 (I'm now 31). This past April...
  7. P

New to the Support Group

Hello-- I've been totally in denial about Fibromyalgia but I finally realized that this an unpredictable annoying illness. It's so frustrating to even explained to people because of the internal pain. I simply sometimes just say that it feels like the "Flu" without the runny nose. It's hard...
  8. D

Eight Years of Pain

Hi there! I'm 41 years old and have lived with Fibromyalgia for 8 years. Does it deserve a captial F? I feel a bit shamed for not joining a forum until today. If I'd have listened to Mom, I would have joined years ago. I came for a commonality, as well as different aspects, advice and to...
  9. J

"Moan" Monday

Guess it's one of those days today...took my regular meds but ache all over and took a two hour nap after lunch... Took a tour of a local nursing home and got some information from the admissons director (who was very helpful and informative) in case I have to bring my mom to Florida. Then...
  10. M

Have had symptoms for years

I have had symptoms of fibromyalgia for years. 10-15. It crept up on me slowly. First was the fatigue, but I had just had a baby so they ran a bunch a blood test to see if my hormones were out of wack, etc nothing showed up so they just told me I needed to let my body recover. I also...
Back