ibuprofen

1. K

New to forum. Fibro sucks.

I am in my 40's. I was diagnosed a year and a half ago, after 5 years of misdiagnosis and doctors thinking i'm crazy. I had gone through extensive testing for Lyme, Lupus and MS. And doctors telling me I was depressed and that's why I felt the way I felt. I thought I WAS going crazy. My life was...
  2. C

Having a flare & can’t think straight

I’m having a flare in my left side upper back/neck. It’s like a burning pain and I can’t get comfortable. I didn’t sleep at all last night. I feel panicky and hopeless and i don’t know how to resolve it. I’ve used dry heat and moist heat. I’ve taken Valium and tramadol (not at the same time)...
  3. P

Fibro + Celiac + Time-o-the-Month = ARGH!!!

Hi, Here to vent, obviously. I'm having a rough week. Just when I think "wow, this Cymbalta crap is actually helping", BAM here comes the pain. Was stuck at home on Friday, and again yesterday with the aches. On top of which I'm having bad period cramps this month (first since my diagnosis). On...
  4. D

Medication Question - How Much Do You Take If Any

Hi, I'm curious - is anyone here able to successfully manage your symptoms with a minimum of medication? If so, how do you do it? Do you work full-time (either in or outside the home)? I work full-time in a fairly sedentary job 37.5 hrs per week, and take a lot of medication in order to do...
  5. J

Oh Doctor Doctor You Know What It Is!

Hello fellow sufferers. So glad to find this forum! So, some background to start. I'm a 61 year-old woman who has suffered from pain for a long time, some for a reason (degenerated discs in my lower back and neck) and some unexplained. But it's always there, sometimes quiet, sometimes screaming...
  6. T

Boswella Serrata for pain relief and inflammation

I just started to use Boswella Serrata in place of Ibuprofen or Acetaminaphen. I do notice a reduction in pain. I was told that it works similarly if not better than OTC pain relievers without the stomach upset too. I try to use natural "Meds" since I cannot tolerate pharmaceuticals. I have high...
  7. H

Help me

Hello, I am sat here worried sick and rather scared. I am 45 mum of 3 diagnosed with eds and fibromyalgia 4 years ago. I was diagnosed by a rheumatologist who I never want to see again She was horrible, belittling and rude. She basically said to go home and live with it, which I have done...
  8. B

Ello everypawty!

Well, um, hello! So, I'm Tabi, been diagnosed since I was 16 years old, and moved from Arizona to Indiana, which was a huge mistake when it comes to pain. My new doctor refuses to give medication for my FM or my bipolar disorder, epilepsy or my syncope (fainting disorder), even though he has the...
  9. D

finally have an answer

Hello, my name is Dawn, I'm 37, and I just got my official diagnosis yesterday. I have been living with this beast for about three years. I had no Idea why I was always in pain. I go through bottles of ibuprofen like they are tic-tacs. I hate the sweats, burning sensations, foot cramping...
  10. B

Hi From PA

Hey everyone. I'm Samantha. I haven't been officially diagnosed yet because I ran out of money for copays and blood tests before I reached that point, but my doctor basically narrowed it down to Fibro or RA. After doing a ton of research on my own, I'm pretty sure it's fibro, mostly because the...
Back