alternative medicine

1. A

Has anyone tried LDN (low dose naltrexone)? What was your experience like?

There are so many websites speaking about LDN (low dose naltrexone) as a potential treatment for LDN. A clinical trial at Stanford University also had successful results and it seems promising. I would like to speak with others who have tried LDN and finding out if it helped you. For anyone...
  2. M

My Alternatives.

Did you believe that the cannabis as also known as only for addiction is now can be your alternative medicine? Cannabis now has many benefits that will be good for your health. Cannabis oil is produced by extracting the resin of the female cannabis plant using a solvent. After the resin is...
  3. O

Sleep (aka. desperation)

I need any and all advice when it comes to sleep. My other symptoms are controlled enough that they do not interfere with my ability to function as a human being. HOWEVER, I cannot sleep during normal times and I am DESPERATE. I go from sleeping between 9am and 4pm some months to 3am to 11pm...
  4. C

Should I care?

I'm mostly only making this post because someone I care about told me I should look for more answers. I've only had fibromyalgia for about 4 years, and the first year or so I could still kind of function but it's slowly become worse and worse. For a long time I tirelessly pursued relief and...
  5. L

Flexeril and Weight Gain?

Did any of you gain like ALOT of weight QUICKLY while taking Flexeril? My only other thought is the thyroid... but my level was normal at most recent labs, and this just was QUICK.... maybe the lowering of the thyroid didnt help??? So.... ANYONE??? 15lbs in a month 6wks most also, i never used...
  6. I

What's the word on medical marijuana?

Is this even considered alternative medicine these days? Anyone here have a 'script (or not) and use it to help w/ the symptoms related to fibro? I have never been one to smoke it recreationally (or otherwise), but I am not naïve to the relief it can bring for others. Anyone care to shed...
  7. K

Alternative medicine

Has anyone tried Kratom?
  8. S

Help. Just moved here. Need a doctor

. Diagnosed with FMS 01/1996 and CFS 08/1996. I was 36, in the prime of my career. It was not a gradual onset but sudden, one day fine, got the flu, apparently kicked it all off. I was in bed first two years while mainstream doctors worked to find medications that at least got me moving...
  9. J

Do We Take Alternative Medicine Seriously?

I was looking at an older post with this subject and it is closed, so I could not add my comments. I take A.M. very seriously. I've been working with alternatives/complementary/holistic medicine for about 25 yrs..I do all I can to avoid conventional medicines...I just had to take a abx...
  10. S

Pain Pain Pain

Hello there. I am new here. I have been having pain for quite sometime now. About 2 yrs. Sometimes I've had flareups like crazy. But then it used to subside. Off late the pain is almost constant. Fatigue is something I cannot even take anymore. I don't remember in recent times where I woke up in...
Back