als

1. S

Weakness in face - scared and confused

Hi everyone. I have been experiencing neurological symptoms for about 2 years. It started with a huge health anxiety event followed by sudden onset of twitching all over and perceived left hand weakness. I feared horrible illnesses like ALS, MS, brain tumor. I had all tests done including emg in...
  2. Sagey

Chemogentics

Just was reading an interesting article about” chemogenetics” Scientist in the University of Oxford in the UK have been developing a protein That when placed in the experimentally damaged nerve cells of mice , decreased the nerve conductivity there by decreasing pain. The Protein is then...
  3. L

Physio & yet another diagnosis

Omg where does this horrible nightmare end! I'm seeing so many different healthcare professionals and every one of them has diagnosed me with something else. I had a physio appointment on Wednesday after my rheumatologist referred me and was told that I had osteoarthritis in my knees which is...
  4. M

travelling pain

So I've had weeks and weeks of severe hip that had been keeping me awake at night. I'd gotten it somewhat under control with a combination of TENS heat stretching and muscle rub (a very long bedtime routine), but it was still a daily problem. Then I got a bad chest cold, complete with that...
  5. C

Statins and Fatigue

I'm wondering if others have questioned whether their pain, fatigue and brain fog could be caused by taking a statin. I realize I'm probably grasping at straws and balking at accepting that I have a chronic disorder that has turned my life upside down. I would love to hear others' thoughts and...
  6. D

New to Forum and Diagnosis

Hi! I actually joined the forum over a month ago. I thought it was about time to say hi and thank everyone for the posts and info I have gotten from here. It is so much better to hear it from people that are experiencing it. Some of my symptoms have been brushed over because they didn't...
  7. Sagey

Inflammation is involved with Fibromyalgia as per study

In recent years, researchers have learned a lot about inflammation's possible role in this condition.Although Fibro sufferers don't have the typical swelling of the joints and other areas like other inflammatory diseases have , it still has inflammation in the body. According to the Journal...
  8. vickythecat

new doctor, how to make the best of the appoinment

Hi, Yesterday I went to a doctor after 3 years of avoiding doctors. (had lost all my trust in doctors and hospitals, after they managed to mess up the basic/common injuries I had sustained after a fall. I now suffer even more thanks to their mistakes.) I guess I am lucky that I live in a...
  9. S

The Depression Letter

Reading the Fibromyalgia letters made me think I should write one like it, only talking about Depression. So I just now did. And here it is: I have spent more of my life depressed than I have spent being not depressed. Most people don't think that is possible, but believe me, it is. Many people...
  10. Sagey

OMG Found Great Letter!!! Explains Fibro

"The Fibromyalgia Letter" "The Fibromyalgia Letter" Hello Family, Friends, and Anyone Wishing to Know Me! How do I explain this to you my family and friends? This is very difficult to do as my illness is "unseen." So allow me to begin by thanking you for taking the time out of your day to...
Back