fibromyalgia pain

1. C

Mucinex Has Reduced my Fibromyalgia pain

I read in a book by Devin Starlanyl, MD that Mucinex (guafenesin) can help with FM pain. So I tried it & I'm feeling better. I have had FM for over 30 years, have tried every rx & alternative substance you can name, with little to no benefit. I had no expectation that it would help, but I'll...
  2. K

Recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia

Hello everyone! I am very glad to have found this forum because I know nothing about fibromyalgia and was diagnosed just yesterday. Long story short - I have been having chronic pain, tingling and blurred vision off-and-on for the past two years. I have had multiple blood panels done and the...
  3. K

Any new Pain treatments out there?

Hi everyone, Sorry for the longish post, but sometimes it's needed, right? I've been taking narcotic pain meds since early 2001. They've been the only thing that controls pain. Over the years I've tried numerous alternatives, but nothing has been effective. Acupuncture was a joke, I...
  4. C

How long does it take for Lyrica to take effect for fibromyalgia pain?

I have been on it for 8 months now. Started at 50mg/day and now take 450mg/day (150mg/am, 300mg/pm). My sleep is finally getting better, but I still wake up in pain and it continues to get worse throughout the day. It's only been about one and a half months at the 450mg dose. I'm getting some...
  5. H

Why Fibromyalgia Pain Feels Different

For Amy Mullholand, simple chores like washing the dishes or making breakfast can be incredibly challenging. “On a good day, I can get through the cups and the silverware, then I must sit for at least 15 to 20 minutes. Then I tackle the bowls. Then I sit and rest,” said Mullholand. “On a bad...
  6. Y

Deal with overwhelming thoughts and feelings due to FM

Hi I'm a PhD student at King's College London doing research in chronic pain. Our team developed an interesting online study testing a therapeutical process (technique) that helps us deal with our undesirable (such as painful) thoughts and feelings which often occur and can be overwhelming for...
  7. Devilstompa

Tens Unit & Kava Tea

I have just received my tens unit which is electro shock therapy its something that I can wear while im out to. It has helped with my fibromyalgia pain. If you haven't looked into getting a tens unit you should it does help. Also I have been drinking kava tea and that also helps relax the...
  8. Devilstompa

Fibromyalgia Pain Meds & SSRI's

I am currently taking tramadol & gabapentin and at the time was also taking a SSRI which was Prozac. I am a med sensitive person, Have been taking the Prozac for around 2 months and then all of a sudden i got very sick was throwing up sweating and shaking and alot of other symptoms. I went to...
  9. Devilstompa

Fibromyalgia Pain Update

Hello, I haven't been on here for a while have been dealing with alot. I am now seeing a good doctor that is helping me with my fibromyalgia pain and other things. I am being prescribed tramadol now and gabapentin. The gabapentin is helping me and I'm actually able to decrease my tramadol.
  10. B

Low dose naltrexone

Anyone tried this. They did a trial study and preliminary evidence continues to show that low-dose naltrexone has a specific and clinically beneficial impact on fibromyalgia pain. The medication is widely available, inexpensive, safe, and well-tolerated. Parallel-group randomized controlled...
Back