hearing

1. S

How can I support my hearing impaired mother when she is the one supporting me?

Hello, I have myofascial pain syndrome and my mother takes care of my as a result of my disability. However, my mother is hearing impaired and losing more and more of her hearing. The sound quality that she hears is getting poorer and poorer as her auditory system continues to not work in a way...
  2. S

feeling hopeless

So I have a kidney transplant and about 40% efficient there and was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last year. I have not been able to hold permanent full time employment due to chronic fatigue, muscle weakness, and pain/neuropathy. My last two employers said they would work with me on the...
  3. K

New to forum. Fibro sucks.

I am in my 40's. I was diagnosed a year and a half ago, after 5 years of misdiagnosis and doctors thinking i'm crazy. I had gone through extensive testing for Lyme, Lupus and MS. And doctors telling me I was depressed and that's why I felt the way I felt. I thought I WAS going crazy. My life was...
  4. A

My Spouse, her job, and Fibro

Hello everyone! My wife was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. For a little background, she is a chemist for a petroleum testing company in Southeast Louisiana. Her job is highly demanding both physically and mentally. If anything, her employer has exacerbated her symptoms. She has been...
  5. R

Everything feels SO LOUD!

Does anyone else have an issue with things feeling way too loud? I work as an engineer in a manufacturing facility and whenever they open/close the large bay doors it feels like my ear drums are going to vibrate to the point of imploding. For a while, I thought that my sensitive hearing was due...
  6. medicmurphy

Been A While

Greetings to all of you, It's been a few months since I've checked in to the forum. I've been browsing and can see some of you are still actively battling this nasty syndrome. I also see that there are a few more members. The last I posted was about attempting to increase some exercise in an...
  7. P

Disability decision from hearing- how could they do this with my medical evidence

Hi- I have fibromyalgia (rheum dx 2011 and multiple Dr.'s), DDD in neck and low back, bilateral carpal tunnel, arthritis in hips, knees, hypothyroid, anxiety disorder. there are so many things with FM im not going to list them all. I filed for SSDI in 2014 and got a hearing in May 2017. Six...
  8. vickythecat

it's too much, just too much....

I will use this post as therapy...I just have to because I have no other option. 5 weeks ago 2 newly born kittens were left in front of our building. People see that we take care of stray animals, and decide that taking away babies from their mothers and bringing them us is a good idea. (It is...
  9. L

Strange over sensitive hearing

I don't even know how to explain this one or if anyone will understand or experience this, it's probably just me being weird lol. My hearing is so sensitive like when there's a song playing I seem to hear the background music in the song, it's like I hear quieter sounds as though they're really...
  10. M

Lidocaine Patches

After a recent injury to my foot, and hearing about Lidocaine Patches I asked my Dr. If he could perscribe some for me. He did 30 a months worth. I have been wearng them not only on my feet, but my lower back too. ( THEY HELP!!!).
Back