1. D

I’m new here

Just trying to learn the ropes here. I was diagnosed in ‘98 . Took me awhile to wrap my head around diagnoses because I had never heard of it and of course if I hadn’t heard of it then it must not be true lol. I can handle the pain, it’s the fatigue that I can not manage. I feel very worthless...
  2. Y

Diagnosed in August

I guess August isn't super recent. I also had a rough experience like most of us here. At 22, no one believes me that I have fibromyalgia. Even the doctor I saw gave air quotes around this condition. I had symptoms since August of 2017 after a severe upper respiratory infection. I never...
  3. K

New to this forum not new to FM/CFS/ME

Hi, I have had the problems listed since I inherited it from my Mother. At 81 yrs. of age I have been through most of all the terrible things we live thru. My reason for posting is Fibro Fog & Brain Fog (CFS). In Jan. 2017 my left leg buckled & I fell ending up in the hospital. They did an...
  4. R

Wondering about symptoms

Hi folks - brand new here. I used to think fibro was just all severe pain all the time, but recently saw something about the other symptoms and how the level and type of pain varies per person, and it made me want to research some more. For the past couple of years (ever since a seriously...
  5. T

What is your dream job?

My name is Katie, and I have Fibromyalgia. I'm only 22. I've attempted to work full-time, but I was fired for issues related to disability. I saw a disability lawyer after the incident, but she stated it would be very difficult to file and win as I did not have my doctor's support. Since then, I...
  6. D

Newbie to forum but not Fibro

I am Mom to 6 children age range 13-33. two boys four girls. 3 Grand children 2 boys 1 girl, a new one just this Valentine's day. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2005 but had symptoms years before diagnosed. Still struggling with finding right meds and dealing with insurance. I look forward...
  7. S

feeling hopeless

So I have a kidney transplant and about 40% efficient there and was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last year. I have not been able to hold permanent full time employment due to chronic fatigue, muscle weakness, and pain/neuropathy. My last two employers said they would work with me on the...
  8. A

pre-arthritic at 26

Hey everyone, I am new here but definitely not new to the chronic pain of fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed when I was 18 but had been experiencing symptoms since the age of 12. Lately my joints have been hurting more and are weaker, I especially am noticing this in my knees and have started...
  9. C

Fibro affecting my marriage

I don't even know how to start this. I'm waiting for formal diagnosis of fibro bit go and consultant both believe I have it. I've come to accept my limitations over the last 5 years. My husband cannot. We row constantly about sex. He wants it, I'm either phsically sore, fatigued or both. It has...
  10. W

Seeking advice on caring doctors in my area.

I am a 6'6" male and have weighed 350+ my whole life. My diagnosis has no specific date but I recall times as a child having troubles and wondering why I was different. But anyway.. being this large makes most doctors point out my weight and suggest losing weight would help and call me out on...
Back