chronic fatigue syndrome

1. vickythecat

How old are you, how long have you been a fibro warrior?

Hi, I know age is nothing but a number in most cases. I am turning 40 in a month, and I still feel like I am 28 most of the time (not physically, but mentally). But I was wondering how old we are on this forum and how long we have been battling with fibro. Thanks! Here are my statistics :)...
  2. R

Jennifer Brea's documentary: "Unrest" - on iTunes

Hi all, I thought I’d post this since there appears to be some cross-over with Fibromyalgia and Myalgic Encephalomyelitis ME (aka Chronic Fatigue Syndrome CFS). “Unrest”, the long awaited and much anticipated documentary about ME by Jennifer Brea, ibeginning Tuesday, 10/10/17. It will be...
  3. B

Dr. Pridgens Famvir + celebrex treatment

Anyone here tried antiviral treatment for fibromyalgia, or know someone who has? I've been reading about Dr. Pridgen and his antiviral + celecoxib combo, and its some interesting stuff. There Is also a Dr. Wyller in Oslo university looking into the herpes simplex and its connection to ME/CFS.
  4. Dooi

Do you think you might have chronic fatigue syndrome?

Take this free 5-minute test online to gain some insight into your symptoms and likelihood of a chronic fatigue syndrome diagnosis: Chronic fatigue syndrome test
  5. R

TED Talks - Jennifer Brea on ME/CFS

For those of you who have Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (M.E.), also known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (C.F.S.), Ms. Brea's TED Talk is finally available for viewing on the TED Talk website. Since I can't post URLs, please point your browser to: Jennifer Brea: What happens when you have a disease...
  6. B

Acupuncture

There have been a number of previous posts on acupuncture and whether or not these treatments have helped, but unfortunately those threads have been closed. So I guess I’ll just start a new one explaining my own experience. If anyone would like to share their recent experience with...
  7. H

ME/CFS Phone Support Group

ME/CFS weekly phone support group starting Saturdays at 8pm EST. This is a peer to peer Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME support group. This call is designed to support one another through the hardships of this illness by listening and sharing experiences. Join us from the comfort of your own bed...
  8. S

Mitochondrial Damage and Fibro

I hope this is OK to post; I had been on salmeterol xianofoate for off-label use during a clinical trial I had participated in. Towards the end of the trial, I started coming down with myofascial pain and a litany of other health issues that worsened and evolved over the past 8 months; things...
  9. D

I Remember Me - Documentary on CFS

hey fibro friends, i wanted to share an exciting documentary on amaz prime, I Remember Me. although it's about chronic fatigue syndrome, i think a lot of us have it along with fibro, diagnosed or undiagnosed. the film addresses the challenges we face from society and doctors having a condition...
  10. W

Co-existing Conditions

I've never met someone who only had the diagnosis of Fibromyalgia. I have many other medical conditions, and I know at least many, if not most or all others with Fibromyalgia are in the same situation. Some of my other conditions are: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Costochondritis, Migraine, IBS...
Back