pain

1. SweetWithSour

Pain management apt: excitment, anxiety, and fear

I have my pain management doctor appointment tomorrow. Part of me is thrilled and about time as this was scheduled in October. There is also a lot of anxiety and fear of repeats of past experiences with pain management, or I should say lack there of. They resulted in psych consults, and pain...
  2. SweetWithSour

Bone pain

Hi y'all, I hope you are well. I'm looking for some help. This pain I'm going to ask about could be caused by my tumor-induced osteomalacia (TIO). But I'm hopeful the pain types some of you found good relief in your toolbox. I have a deep bone pain, an ache like pain but very intense. It...
  3. C

Mucinex Has Reduced my Fibromyalgia pain

I read in a book by Devin Starlanyl, MD that Mucinex (guafenesin) can help with FM pain. So I tried it & I'm feeling better. I have had FM for over 30 years, have tried every rx & alternative substance you can name, with little to no benefit. I had no expectation that it would help, but I'll...
  4. D

What to do about chronic pain

Recently went to a pain dr again. Was diagnosed in 2006 with FM. I done physical therapy for the 20th time it seems but this time,the therapist I had said there has been zero change and that pt will not help me.It was hard doing pt,I was able to go 2x a week and laid up 2 days after each...
  5. D

Intermittant pain

Do any of you have bad pain when in a flare from head to toe and all of a sudden it's gone for a couple hours or a day then is just as suddenly back again??
  6. B

Pain management journal

dear friends, My doctor has begun me on a new medication. Reading through this forum some of your suggest journalling your pain. Can someone share how exactly you are doing that? What are these pain dairies and journals? Can one create an online journal that I can share with my doc?What...
  7. D

Daily Pain Progression

Does any of you feel pretty good once you get moving in the morning, then by mid afternoon to evening the pain just progresses? You fool yourself thinking that maybe it's not so bad then by evening it comes back with a vengeance. That's been my experience lately.
  8. J

Ongoing pain left side L5, S1, S2 - going for radiofrequency ablation

I definitely have fibromyalgia but in addition I suffer from lower back pain. This time on the left side. Saw pain mgmt dr. First had sacroiliac joint injection. Did not help. Then had a series of 2 medial branch nerve blocks into Left sided L5,S1,S2 both of which provided pain relief for a...
  9. H

Pain preference if given a choice?

I'd say this will be a controversial topic but I'm curious 😊 As people with Fibromyalgia I know the range and severity of the pain we experience, and the types of pain we experience, are too many to count or list. My question is this: do you have a preference in the type or severity of pain...
  10. cookiebaker

Pain and Vitamin/Mineral deficiencies

I recently saw a pain management Nurse Practitioner (NP) to discuss my current medication, and looking for potential nutritional reasons that my pain levels are so high. She ordered a battery of tests to check levels in common pain related vitamin/mineral deficiencies and the results are kind of...
Back