caffeine

1. J

Saved by a caffeine pill

I am one of those people whose fibromyalgia comes in spurts…some days horrible and others just an annoyance. I take Ibuprofen and acetaminophen to help manage the pain, but more and more here lately, these pills do not offer any relief. That’s when I pull out my trusty bottle of caffeine...
  2. J

Dangers of aspartame and caffeine

Wanted to let everyone know (in case you don’t already know), for me, too much caffeinated coffee (more than 4 cups) and any amount of aspartame ( such as more than two sips of diet soda) gives me fibromyalgia pain big time!!!
  3. S

Caffeine

Hi Everyone advises to cut out caffeine. It may very well be contributing to my pain. My question is how do you function? I am falling asleep if I don’t have my morning coffee.
  4. Tipnatee N

Kartom leaf anyone?

While I was seaching for the benefits of coca leaf that can help fibro pains I also came across the information of Kartom leaf. According to wikipedia ( under the name Mitragyna speciosa) Kratom (also known as Mitragyna speciosa) is a tree from Indonesia whose leaves produce a psychoactive...
  5. P

Feeling useless

Hi, all newbie here.I've had symptoms for 15 years, diagnosed 5 yrs ago. I've had headaches all my life, but escalated to migraines after severe life-changing reaction to Levaquin. Amitriptylline, Gabapentin, Migrelief, several OTC supplements. Was on a beta blocker but side effects too much...
  6. Kelvin

Male, 28 - chronic pain

Hi, new here. I've been dealing with chronic pain for several years now, being shuffled from doctor to doctor, trying to figure out what's wrong. I've been on psych disability for 6 or 7 years for severe depression, anxiety, and ptsd. I also suffered from chronic migraine. 2 years ago, I had...
  7. B

Saying hi to all newly diagnosed yesterday

Hi everyone 😁 saying hi as new to this group and although I've been suffering on and off for years I've just moved house and a new doctor has diagnosed fibromylalgia and possibly cfs 😣. For the last few years I've felt like people think I'm hyperchondriac 😢 most days complaining of some...
  8. T

Advice for insomnia / staying asleep?

Besides the pain, actually being able to go or stay asleep has been a HUGE issue for me. At first I stayed up until the early mornings (I'm talking 6 or 7) And then it changed to being able to fall asleep but only getting 5 hours. I recently got prescribed ambien and it seems to help. I try not...
  9. D

Anxiety

I just watched an item on tv about anxiety. I honestly didn't realize so many people didn't know how anxiety felt....I kind of assumed if you had been dumped or gone through a bad relationship break up or faced other even tougher times like getting a chronic illness or many other things like...
  10. L

Is there a way to actually wake up?

Hi there, The fog, the fatigue, it is a constant in my life and it is causing me a lot of problems. I feel like I haven't truly been awake in years, regardless of how much sleep I get. I drink coffee and take Vitamin B but it isn't enough. I want to start exercising but I am so incredibly...
Back