christmas

1. A

Hi everyone im new to this forum

Hi Everybody , I would like to ask you all if you could help me out . I suspect as does my wife that I may have this horrible illness Fibromyalgia . My symptoms are complete body pain from top to bottom . I am a builder which I put a lot of my aches and pains to but there is obviously an under...
  2. A

Need some help please

Hi Everybody , I would like to ask you all if you could help me out . I suspect as does my wife that I may have this horrible illness Fibromyalgia . My symptoms are complete body pain from top to bottom . I am a builder which I put a lot of my aches and pains to but there is obviously an under...
  3. L

Feeling completely humiliated

Today is not a good day! I went in for vascular surgery only to be turned away by the surgeon because of weight/BMI issues. My weight has rocketed since Christmas, I gained 2 stone in 2 weeks and it is still increasing by the day. I saw my GP a couple of weeks ago and mentioned concerns about...
  4. AbbyRose

It all makes sense now

Hi everyone. I'm Abby. I was officially diagnosed in February of this year by a rheumatologist, but my family doctor put me on Lyrica before Christmas. I've been in pain for years, but blamed myself for it. I was (and am) overweight, and that's society's first answer to any fat person's health...
  5. L

Weight gain

Omg I can't believe how quickly I'm piling on weight just now! I had a bad flare over Christmas and New Year with flu on top of that and was off my work with sciatica. I managed to put on 2 stone in 2 weeks & that was me eating sensibly most of the time. My weight is still going up, I've put on...
  6. M

self doubt and fibromyalgia

Do any of you struggle with self doubt around your own illness?? It's bad enough that we have to fight the stigma of an invisible illness, but I find myself playing mind tricks sometimes. For example, just before Christmas I started Effexor, and whether it was the drug or just that the weather...
  7. L

Feeling really low & a bit sorry for myself!

Hi I've only just joined the group & really need a good kick up the backside to snap me out of this low mood! I've not been formally diagnosed with fibro yet, after going over my symptoms & finding so many tender points my rheumatologist said it was a possibility. I also have hypermobility...
  8. T

Blah!

At the risk of sounding sorry for myself I find that I am just not in the mood for tomorrow. I envy my friends and family that are out and about and enjoying today and tomorrow with loved ones. My husband and I are alone today (by choice) but we are going to my daughters tomorrow to celebrate...
  9. T

Holidays

How is everybody else handling this holiday crap? I am tired, bitter, angry and so much more. I just don't have the desire to get in the swing of things. I have ordered some gifts online and when they have arrived I just threw them in my spare bedroom where they will stay until I get up the...
  10. DoobieBrother

Merry Christmas to all !

:smile: Christmas has always been a HUGE deal to me, so I wish my fellow FM patients the best of this wonderful season, and may the Pain Relief Fairie (I just made that up..... cut me a little slack here) visit you often. Merry Christmas to you and yours, from me and mine :p:p
Back