immediately

1. T

New here and sad...

Hi all, sorry to join up and then immediately post a negative, but I've been reading threads and the understanding and support you all give is amazing! Since my diagnosis, I have been coping ok, painkillers don't help me at all, so I have to just deal with my pain and other symptoms. Lately...
  2. V

I was told I have fibro, but what's happening now has me at a loss

Hello, all. First and foremost, I would like to say I am struggling to type this due to the amount of pain I am in at the moment. I guess I should start at the beginning. I am a 22 year old female and I was diagnosed when I was 19. However, I had symptoms a couple years prior to that. I had...
  3. VanGogh

"Did I say something wrong?"

Misunderstandings happen. Do they happen more when one has Fibro? I'm hesitant to even mention this wondering if it will be taken out of context. It just seems to me that a number of people must read into words or comments things that are not there or at least not intended to be mean or hurtful...
  4. VanGogh

All of those strange stories.....

A girl falls out of a tree and is cured of her illness. A person get's dental work and then hears radio transmissions. I fell down a flight of steps when my back was out and got up without pain. If any of these stories are true ( mine is ) doesn't it make you wonder what other off the wall...
  5. P

Hi, I'm Peg and I have fibromyalgia

Hello all, I've been posting on the forum a bit the past couple months, but thought I should make a proper (if very long-winded) introduction. Hi, I'm Peggy, and I have Fibromyalgia and Celiac Disease. I'm in my early thirties and live in Toronto. I work in publishing. I knit a lot. I have a...
  6. T

showering

Does anyone else find the mere act of showering to be exhausting? I am down to showering 3-4 times a week because I just don't have the energy to do it. I can no longer get in and out of my tub and my shower is to small to put a shower chair in it so I have to stand while I shower. Sometimes...
  7. ElsaMarie

Hello from Indiana

Hi, I'm new here, joined today; new to the site but NOT new to fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed around 2003 but I think I had it much longer than that because of symptoms I had for 5-6 years before I was formally diagnosed. I went into it full blown and had what I consider to be the absolute...
  8. P

Possibly Fibromyalgia, Anxiety, or something else?

Hello, all: I've been dealing with a tingling (and occasionally burning) sensation on the left side of my body. It started almost two weeks ago when I had what I believe was a panic attack while driving home from work. I had to pull over into a parking lot and call a friend to come get me. My...
  9. H

Baking Soda

Was considering posting this in 'Fibro Fog' but I think it might be better suited here. Often after using a baking soda mouthwash, or simply placing some baking soda directly on my tongue, my fibro fog reduces significantly and immediately. There is something about the tongue and health that...
  10. T

Do these symptoms check out?

Hello, I'm 27 and, after looking up the symptoms of fibromyalgia, I'm wondering if I may not be suffering from it. I also looked up some of the possible causes of fibro. I'll begin when the symptoms started, after I had a mRSA infection at the age of 22. The doctors surgically removed the...
Back