family history

1. B

Hi im new

At this point any advice will help... How can you get your gp to listen to you when they think fm is fake???? I have a list of symptoms that i dont think are normal for a 25 y/o woman i also have a family history with fm idk if this is hereditary or not but i honestly think this is what i...
  2. D

genetics

I'm just wondering does anyone else have family members with fibro...CFS or ME. I have often read that it is hereditary even though it may take a trigger or several to switch on the overload on our minds and bodies that cause this disease,..and why more trauma can change it from mild to...
  3. R

Would complete bed rest help flare?

Hi. I'm experiencing a flare that has lasted several weeks. I've cut back my activity level, & being more strict about pacing. But even when I'm sitting, I'm working on projects, e.g. online Christmas shopping, family history research, editing, etc. If I blocked off an entire day of bed rest...
  4. J

New to forums, not to fibromyalgia

Hello, I was diagnosed with fibro in March 2015. I have a family history of ehlers-danios with my grandfather,mother,brother,uncle and cousin. I have a few symptoms similar to some of theirs but was never diagnosed. Have dealt with fibro pain for a few years before finally getting a diagnosis...
  5. J

New to forums and fibro

I have been having symptoms for a couple years. Pain only gets worse. Started initially in my hips and now seems to be all over. Saw my doctor Monday for an unrelated med check. While there, I brought up the increasing pain. After going through a few tests and family history he said he wants to...
  6. F

All of me hurts

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I'm 23 and I have a family history of Fibromyalgia. About two years ago I started experiencing pain in my hands and knuckles, it feels like someone injected acid into my knuckles. Over the last year or so I started experiencing knee pain as well, like a weak...
  7. L

Need Support - Invalidating Doctor.

First of all, sorry for the length of this. So I had an appointment for my fibromyalgia. I've been told I have it but was getting some more tests ran. I've never seen this doctor before. She was nice at first (and remained 'nice' throughout the appointment). I say 'nice' because some of the...
  8. B

Hello

Hello everyone, I'm Tricia aka Boo. I'm new to the forum; not to fibro. I was diagnosed in 1997 with Fibro and CFS. I've been married for 24 years and we have 2 amazing children. Our daughter is 23 and a RN; our son is 14 and just started his freshman year of high school. In fact, I went to...
  9. J

Hello from Maryland.

Hello all, just thought I'd give a quick introduction. I'm not actually certain that I have fibromyalgia...there is a family history, and in some ways my symptoms seem that they could be attributed at least in part to fibro, yet I'm unsure. I'm hoping to connect with a doctor here in my new...
  10. M

Weird Pain

Hello, I am looking for advice or ideas. First of all - family history - My Grandmother died of Rheumatoid Arthritis. Remember - there was no treatment and she was told to jut lay in bed all of the time. Things are better now. But this is a immune system problem. My Mother has to take an...
Back