kids

1. K

I Can't Stay Awake...

Hello everyone, I've not posted on here for a few years. Such the season has turned into fall, I've not been able to stay up. The longest I can stay up is maybe three hours at a time, then I sleep for hours and hours. I get up and I feel like I've taken a sleeping pill. This is really becoming...
  2. T

New here and sad...

Hi all, sorry to join up and then immediately post a negative, but I've been reading threads and the understanding and support you all give is amazing! Since my diagnosis, I have been coping ok, painkillers don't help me at all, so I have to just deal with my pain and other symptoms. Lately...
  3. M

Fatigue so bad it's painful

I'm having quite a long bout of fatigue this time around. Even though being recently diagnosed, I've been dealing with this for years. It feels so great to have a long run of energy that I almost forget I'm sick. Until either the pain or crippling fatigue catches up to me. I can deal with the...
  4. vickythecat

Preparing for OB-GYN visit, advice needed

Hi, I have not been to the ob-gyn in more than 6 years. Before that I had not been to one in 10 years! I've been through a number of different trauma's involving that part of my body, and going to the ob-gyn is something I've simply avoided, mostly due to the anxiety. I guess it is also easy...
  5. L

Sleep study for sleep apnoea

I know I asked already if anyone else had sleep apnoea and there were a few. I did the sleep study last night at home and if this comes back positive I'll be referred for a sleep study as an inpatient in hospital. I'll be really surprised if it comes back negative but still have that wee glimmer...
  6. S

Do you ever doubt Fibro yourself?

I'm new here, so hello. :) I've been diagnosed 2 years ago. It took me very long to go to a doctor at all because honestly... I felt like a hypochondriac. After all, what's there to see? Since then it has progressed much faster than I thought it would. I thought it might be a come and go type...
  7. L

Pain clinic

I've not posted in here in ages, been caught up in the usual stresses of work, Kids etc. I had an appointment with an anaesthetist in the pain clinic yesterday and after being really optimistic beforehand now I feel really deflated. She tested my limbs by running a piece of cotton wool up and...
  8. C

Fibro and working full time +

I work full time in a high stress, mentally demanding and sometimes physically demanding job. I work with profoundly autistic high school students ages ranging 14-21. I also provide respite for a teen with profound autism on occasional evenings and weekends as well as tutor math a couple...
  9. M

What are your strategies?

Hi everyone, I am new here. I have not been officially diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but my mother has. I have most of the same symptoms as she does and like it did for her, I think it will take a long time for me to figure out why I feel so terrible all the time. I think it is likely that I...
  10. Q

Feeling unsupported

Hi all, I hope you're all well (or as well as you can be). I'm new to this forum, and just been having a browse through. :) I hope you don't mind me joining and firing straight in with a moan post. I promise it's not my usual style. It occurred to me today though that I have nobody I can really...
Back