working

1. A

Could it be fibromyalgia????

Hello i am a 26 year old male , one morning i woke up and both arms and legs felt weak, i will back the story up, before that day i worked out 4 times a week, and i work a office job but had a seasonal job 2 weeks* before i the weakness started that i had to stand and run and jump a lot as a...
  2. Raegan

Hello everyone! <3

Hello fellow warriors! My name is Raegan. I'm 29 years old from Buffalo, NY. I've been suffering with fibromyalgia daily for the past year, but I've had symptoms since high school. I was diagnosed last fall with fibromyalgia and sleep apnea, and recently with selective IgA (immunoglobulin A)...
  3. C

Work Accommodation

Have a job that requires me to sit, talk, and type all day. It can be very stressful at times. I’m in the processing of requesting a modification to my schedule because my two days off are not back to back and it requires me to work late. I have small children, so I still have to get up early...
  4. H

Help and support

Hi. I'm new to this. I have been diagnosed with M.E and fibromyalgia. I have really low mood and I think I've tried most anti depressants. I'm currently taking amitriptyline 50mg. I tried to go up to 75mg but couldn't tolerate this so had to come down again. I don't really know if it is...
  5. T

What is your dream job?

My name is Katie, and I have Fibromyalgia. I'm only 22. I've attempted to work full-time, but I was fired for issues related to disability. I saw a disability lawyer after the incident, but she stated it would be very difficult to file and win as I did not have my doctor's support. Since then, I...
  6. W

Seeking advice on caring doctors in my area.

I am a 6'6" male and have weighed 350+ my whole life. My diagnosis has no specific date but I recall times as a child having troubles and wondering why I was different. But anyway.. being this large makes most doctors point out my weight and suggest losing weight would help and call me out on...
  7. D

New here

I was diagnosed in 2006 and things have only gotten worse since diagnosed. Currently seeing a pain doctor who I feel is clueless about Fibromyalgia and wants to try the following treatments on me,some kind of shots in pain areas,which if I do that,then I'll be getting upwards to 12-15 shots...
  8. N

Meet and greet

Hi everyone, My name is Monique, and I have been living with Fibromyalgia for nearly 11 years. I am 26 years old and feel like I'm 100. I have a wonderful service dog who is the first in SD South Africa to help a handler with Fibromyalgia, I know this because Service Dogs in South Africa are all...
  9. E

At a Loss

Hi everybody I am Eric and it's hard to believe that I am coming up on a year of being officially diagnosed as for a couple years they could not figure out what was going on but anyway. I am currently at a loss as what to do with my Rheumatologist as before officially being diagnosed I was...
  10. S

New Member, recently diagnosed.

Hi, I've been slowly working my way through the diagnosis program for two years as things are getting worse. It started out slowly with pains that I just figured were the results of an aging blue collar worker till my doctor sent me to a neurologist who first tried the electrical stimulus...
Back