social security

1. S

Social Security Benefit Application assistance

Hey all, I just ran across a channel on YouTube that gives advice on applying for disability. Since I have not done this application myself, nor watched all the videos, I don't honestly know how useful it is, but I thought I would post here about it anyway, in case it helped someone. The...
  2. S

feeling hopeless

So I have a kidney transplant and about 40% efficient there and was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last year. I have not been able to hold permanent full time employment due to chronic fatigue, muscle weakness, and pain/neuropathy. My last two employers said they would work with me on the...
  3. 1sweed

How To Manage On A Tight Budget With Fibro

I have always struggled with this issue as lots of times I had to make a choice between eating healthy or going to the doctor or buying medication. With any health plan this is always going to be tough for those of us that live on a very small income. My disability income is less than $500 a...
  4. C

Newly-diagnosed & trying to adjust...

Hi everyone, I was just diagnosed on 6/16/17 after having symptoms for at least several years. While it was good to finally find out what is wrong, it's also turned my life upside down a bit. I had been "dealing" with my health issues by using all of my energy to get to work during the week...
  5. F

Dr say brain fog is just depression

The Dr. I've been seeing for the last year keeps insisting that my brain fog is just depression. She also says there is no reason for me not to be working. A little background I am a 46 yo female who has worked physical jobs most my life. I was working in construction when I was first told...
  6. T

Decision on disability

Yeah, great news! It showed on My Social Security account that a decision has been made on my case and it was APPROVED! I still don't know how much I will be getting or when but at least I finally have an answer. I am so happy. I wish I could dance a jig. But I will settle for a Woot, woot!
  7. S

No doctor, no insurance, no meds, needing ssi

I was diagnosed in1996 with fibro. Just a few years later was also diagnosed with hashimotos throiditis. They play off each other. The meds for one doesn't help the other, and vice versa. So thru pain management bio whatever, I learned how to control my pain without meds. I have lived for...
  8. T

Ssd

Hi all, In all the forums I have been on I have never come across this. I got a call from my attorney today telling me that he talked to the judge in my case and the judge told him he was willing to give me a fully favorable decision if I would agree to move my on set date from May of 2014 to...
  9. M

Fibro Fog, frustrating and psychiatrist issue

I filed for SSD and they sent me to a psychiatrist because I have fibro fog. In this 20 minute visit, this person is supposed to determine my mental health and if I have "so called fibro-fog". I know it's very real, my neurologist and rheumotologist have both said I have it. Even without them...
  10. 1sweed

Disability Scare Flare

As you might know I have been on here quite some time sharing my advice and life with fibromyalgia with all of you. I got my SSD in 2007, and up until this year they never once contacted me concerning rechecking for eligibility, that is until I got a part time job this year. I came home one day...
Back